City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Pablo ZZZ Peroni said:
schfc6 said:
Troy McClure said:
How come we are second when we earned .2m more than chelsea ?

My guess, that it's the table as it finished or as is after 37 games. So in prize money Chelsea are above us, but TV income we're slightly ahead due to the Community Shield would be my guess.

The table is ranked by League Position but we have earnt the most because we have featured more on BT/SKY than Chelsea (the facility fee).

Last year we were top of the table by league position but Liverpool earnt more overall because they were covered live more often than we were.

Cool. Makes sense.

Matty said:
jrb said:
PL prize money.(couldn't fit the whole table on the screen) The link to the website explains how they've worked it out, rightly or wrongly.

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/mZZhds1.jpg[/bigimg]

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.totalsportek.com/football/premier-league-prize-money-table-2015/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.totalsportek.com/football/pr ... able-2015/</a>

Maths fail there. Sunderland and Hull both total the same yet Sunderland clearly earned more money when you add up their totals!

I thought it was £750k per game on TV also. An alternative table has City , Chelsea and Arsenal with 25 TV games and United with 28.

Corky said:
Matty said:
jrb said:
PL prize money.(couldn't fit the whole table on the screen) The link to the website explains how they've worked it out, rightly or wrongly.

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/mZZhds1.jpg[/bigimg]

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.totalsportek.com/football/premier-league-prize-money-table-2015/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.totalsportek.com/football/pr ... able-2015/</a>

Maths fail there. Sunderland and Hull both total the same yet Sunderland clearly earned more money when you add up their totals!

I thought it was £750k per game on TV also. An alternative table has City , Chelsea and Arsenal with 25 TV games and United with 28.

I believe it is £750k per game, but with a mnimum of £7.5m per team, even if you have played less than 10 games on the TV.

aguero93:20 said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
Here you go Bill.

What's a Facility Fee?

A bonus fee/payment from the tv companies awarded dependent on how many live matches your team has facilitated.

Three quarters of a million quid to facilitate the filming of a football game? Seriously? That's a stupid amount of money.

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
What's a Facility Fee?

A bonus fee/payment from the tv companies awarded dependent on how many live matches your team has facilitated.

Three quarters of a million quid to facilitate the filming of a football game? Seriously? That's a stupid amount of money.

They probably aren't about double that in advertising and subscription revenue based off of it.

These people are in no way stupid

Matty said:
Corky said:
Matty said:

I believe it is £750k per game, but with a mnimum of £7.5m per team, even if you have played less than 10 games on the TV.

How can a Premier League club host 26 games when there are only 20 teams in the league?

The away team in a televised game must also get the fee by my thinking.

bluebrickroad said:
Matty said:
Corky said:

How can a Premier League club host 26 games when there are only 20 teams in the league?

The away team in a televised game must also get the fee by my thinking.

yes, it's number of TV appearances.

Interesting to see the angle of the PSG owner basically saying in 2 years if FFP is not rescinded then the Premier League will become so dominant the champions league will just be four teams in the semi's

He has a point the bottom placed team in the TV deal will earn nearly from TV what Real Madrid do now. The top team with champs league TV money could earn over 200m steering from TV.

Financial fair play now brilliant for the Premiership teams as aside from the big 3 no one could get near them.

So FFP will be removed to allow billionaires to create some competition for the English clubs and the old g14 will now throw themselves at investment like cheap tarts

EalingBlue2 said:
Interesting to see the angle of the PSG owner basically saying in 2 years if FFP is not rescinded then the Premier League will become so dominant the champions league will just be four teams in the semi's

He has a point the bottom placed team in the TV deal will earn nearly from TV what Real Madrid do now. The top team with champs league TV money could earn over 200m steering from TV.

Financial fair play now brilliant for the Premiership teams as aside from the big 3 no one could get near them.

So FFP will be removed to allow billionaires to create some competition for the English clubs and the old g14 will now throw themselves at investment like cheap tarts

What I find hilarious is seeing bitter opposition fans saying that a relaxation or complete scrapping of the FFP rules benefits City and gives us license to go out and spend infinite sums of money. They actually couldn't be any more wrong with that - if anything, FFP in it's current form cemented our place at the top because no other club was able to get in a new owner who invested huge sums of money. Now we could see other clubs outside of the so-called elite getting investment. Instead of worrying about clubs like City and Chelsea, the fans of United, Liverpool, Arsenal, and Spurs ought to be more worried about the likes of West Ham and Aston Villa because, in West Ham's case in particular, those clubs could be ripe for future investment. From a purely selfish angle, the increased competition that will bring could arguably be bad news for us too but from a moralistic viewpoint I'd welcome it.

adrianr said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
I'm going to make the prediction that oil is going to remain quite important economically for a little while yet.

And that's why you pull in the big bucks.

Not really just stating the bleeding obvious

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.