City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

We actually have a lot to thank FFP for. We would have signed Di Maria and possibly Falcao had it not been for the restrictions placed upon us, they are two of the biggest flops of modern times.

M18CTID said:
EalingBlue2 said:
Interesting to see the angle of the PSG owner basically saying in 2 years if FFP is not rescinded then the Premier League will become so dominant the champions league will just be four teams in the semi's

He has a point the bottom placed team in the TV deal will earn nearly from TV what Real Madrid do now. The top team with champs league TV money could earn over 200m steering from TV.

Financial fair play now brilliant for the Premiership teams as aside from the big 3 no one could get near them.

So FFP will be removed to allow billionaires to create some competition for the English clubs and the old g14 will now throw themselves at investment like cheap tarts

What I find hilarious is seeing bitter opposition fans saying that a relaxation or complete scrapping of the FFP rules benefits City and gives us license to go out and spend infinite sums of money. They actually couldn't be any more wrong with that - if anything, FFP in it's current form cemented our place at the top because no other club was able to get in a new owner who invested huge sums of money. Now we could see other clubs outside of the so-called elite getting investment. Instead of worrying about clubs like City and Chelsea, the fans of United, Liverpool, Arsenal, and Spurs ought to be more worried about the likes of West Ham and Aston Villa because, in West Ham's case in particular, those clubs could be ripe for future investment. From a purely selfish angle, the increased competition that will bring could arguably be bad news for us too but from a moralistic viewpoint I'd welcome it.

If I read things correctly Platini is doing what he can to protect the elite even now. The view is that the "relaxation"of FFP will most probably mean an end to limits on owner investment if it is in the form of a "gift" rather than a loan. This is fine for City, PSG and, probably, Chelsea, but is little use to other clubs, apart from, possibly (but doubtfully, Manaco and one or two Russians. Loans are the usual way of raising capital for investment (even in German industry!) and few club owners, or potential club owners, could raise the sums required for players by any other means. In view of the new PL TV deal, Bayern and even the two Spanish Giants might struggle to compete, but other clubs, and other English clubs will find it very difficult indeed. I don't think Dupont will accept Platini's proposed modifications.

jaigurugoat said:
We actually have a lot to thank FFP for. We would have signed Di Maria and possibly Falcao had it not been for the restrictions placed upon us, they are two of the biggest flops of modern times.

Not sure about that. Part of me is still convinced that our interest in Falcao on our around the last day of the window last year was nothing more than pretence to get the Rags to move first think later... I think they were bumped into it by some clever bluffing tbh and their natural arrogance overtook the thinking

I think as far as our owners are concerned, overcoming all the obstacles of FFP will make success even sweeter and the payback even bigger. Pundits couldn’t understand why Sheikh Mansour did not buy a “big club” and had no comprehension of the scale and scope of the City project.

It is under 7 years since AC Milan bottled it over the sale of Kaka. There are a few diehards that still label City players as mercenaries although they now join City to win trophies. Clubs like Liverpool and Milan, who were part of the established elite looking down on smaller clubs, have been left behind. Ferguson’s “not in my time” is proving an illusion.

Even if other clubs get massive investment, it will be playing catch up. Compare the City Group, the stadium, Etihad campus, regeneration and development plans in Manchester to the majority of G14 clubs who have taken out of the game and taken their eye off the ball.

Think Arsenal who thought they would be sitting pretty with the status quo, billionaire shareholders and able to charge the highest prices. No wonder they want to take away their bat and ball because Manchester City has overtaken them in nearly every current measure of big and success.

Manchester City is now acknowledged as a BIG club. “History” and “shirt sales” do not count for anything to new fans compared with seeing stars play great football and win trophies. The City model is sustainable and gives back to communities. The scary thing is the trajectory (as Gary Cook would say) that could see us dominate world football. This will be a double edged sword.

FFP has not worked. It will be interesting to see how football evolves. It is in the interests of the game that it is competitive and open to all, including new investment.

moh said:
jaigurugoat said:

Not sure about that. Part of me is still convinced that our interest in Falcao on our around the last day of the window last year was nothing more than pretence to get the Rags to move first think later... I think they were bumped into it by some clever bluffing tbh and their natural arrogance overtook the thinking

on the money.

Ffp will soon be a distant memory. In 2018, which will be 10 years since the take over (no shit), I can't even imagine how much our revenue will be. Premier league clubs are going to be financial monsters, with City and United leading the pack.

Despite what some on here may think of them, Soriano, Txiki et al have steered us into a win win situation. Whether FFP remains or goes doesn't really matter much. If it stays, our business model will take care of it. If it goes the Sheiks very deep pockets (and oil wells) will. All we have to do is to sit back and watch the "elite" clubs live through their very worst nightmare.
Happy days.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
M18CTID said:
EalingBlue2 said:
Interesting to see the angle of the PSG owner basically saying in 2 years if FFP is not rescinded then the Premier League will become so dominant the champions league will just be four teams in the semi's

He has a point the bottom placed team in the TV deal will earn nearly from TV what Real Madrid do now. The top team with champs league TV money could earn over 200m steering from TV.

Financial fair play now brilliant for the Premiership teams as aside from the big 3 no one could get near them.

So FFP will be removed to allow billionaires to create some competition for the English clubs and the old g14 will now throw themselves at investment like cheap tarts

What I find hilarious is seeing bitter opposition fans saying that a relaxation or complete scrapping of the FFP rules benefits City and gives us license to go out and spend infinite sums of money. They actually couldn't be any more wrong with that - if anything, FFP in it's current form cemented our place at the top because no other club was able to get in a new owner who invested huge sums of money. Now we could see other clubs outside of the so-called elite getting investment. Instead of worrying about clubs like City and Chelsea, the fans of United, Liverpool, Arsenal, and Spurs ought to be more worried about the likes of West Ham and Aston Villa because, in West Ham's case in particular, those clubs could be ripe for future investment. From a purely selfish angle, the increased competition that will bring could arguably be bad news for us too but from a moralistic viewpoint I'd welcome it.

If I read things correctly Platini is doing what he can to protect the elite even now. The view is that the "relaxation"of FFP will most probably mean an end to limits on owner investment if it is in the form of a "gift" rather than a loan. This is fine for City, PSG and, probably, Chelsea, but is little use to other clubs, apart from, possibly (but doubtfully, Manaco and one or two Russians. Loans are the usual way of raising capital for investment (even in German industry!) and few club owners, or potential club owners, could raise the sums required for players by any other means. In view of the new PL TV deal, Bayern and even the two Spanish Giants might struggle to compete, but other clubs, and other English clubs will find it very difficult indeed. I don't think Dupont will accept Platini's proposed modifications.
I am wondering if the relatively large sums of money being poured into the PL by the tv companies is likely to attract the wrong sort of potential owner to some clubs.
The likes of Villa or Everton could become a very attractive proposition for low rent carpetbaggers to move in , in the guise of "investors", and relieve them of large sums of dosh ( much like the Glazers have done , but I don' have a problem with them)

Manchester_lalala said:
Ffp will soon be a distant memory. In 2018, which will be 10 years since the take over (no shit), I can't even imagine how much our revenue will be. Premier league clubs are going to be financial monsters, with City and United leading the pack.

The establishment has banked on FFP halting City's progress, then when that failed delaying it.
Some are still hoping that a change in its rules will be effective despite evidence to the contrary.

UEFA are, like the rest of us, wondering what the next step is that CFG will undertake. Can they embrace it, stop it or even understand it ?

The CFG model is based on business and all will eventually understand that ADUG are an Investment Group owned by Sheikh M. not a charitable institution. Their undoubted commercial success may make some of the traditional income streams redundant and the costly entrance money that most clubs rely on (Arsenal ?) may very well be a future target to subsidise to not only fill our stadium but create atmosphere that others will envy..

Well my guess is as good as anyones at the moment but I am intrigued to see the plan unfold.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.