City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

That's us fucked then;

CF9bZI5W8AAN1f0.jpg
Manchester City.

Ruining LIBOR since 2008.

Correct, just my little dig at the way none of the clubs seem to want to follow ADUG's example of global expansion so may find their income streams under threat..
What is your guess ?
I think at best there will be in the next 2/3 years, a price freeze agreement for away fans with prices rising in line with some form of metric or the like.

Clubs will also perhaps follow the policy of a certain percentage of home tickets being discounted, but for the rest prices will continue to go up.

At the end of the day City have a firm policy on "we'll charge you, what you charge us" with other clubs, but for me it's a rather "pass the buck" policy and not pro-active, and thus I don't think they'll be very proactive in trying to reduce the revenue they get from fans, we have a "revenue growth" management team, and that means getting what they can from the fans too, that's the downside.

I think at best there will be in the next 2/3 years, a price freeze agreement for away fans with prices rising in line with some form of metric or the like.

Clubs will also perhaps follow the policy of a certain percentage of home tickets being discounted, but for the rest prices will continue to go up.

At the end of the day City have a firm policy on "we'll charge you, what you charge us" with other clubs, but for me it's a rather "pass the buck" policy and not pro-active, and thus I don't think they'll be very proactive in trying to reduce the revenue they get from fans, we have a "revenue growth" management team, and that means getting what they can from the fans too, that's the downside.

You are probably right particularly as the Management Team are likely to be left alone to generate the best income (and possibly get bonus based on its monetary success).
Lets hope they surprise us.

I must admit to being just a little worried that as prices rise the very thing that sold it overseas (particularly USA) was the fab atmosphere.
Seems this atmosphere at all grounds is reducing in direct proportion to the cost of tickets so maybe the current mega TV payments may suffer if polite applause is the best we can expect from our more affluent support ?

I think the match day tickets need to be cheaper. The prices are out of kilter in parts of the ground, with season tickets giving value if people turn up for half of the games.

IMHO cheap season tickets are contributing to a poor atmosphere with some people picking there games to turn up to!

FFP might not be perfect but something is needed. Give me Rochdale and a billion and I'll make them champions of Europe. For the select few, Chelsea, Manchester City and Paris St Germain, those clubs don't need to develop young players, don't need to struggle for years to create winning teams that attract supporters that pay their money to watch the team to make them able to afford to buy and pay players with which to challenge again. They only need Russian or Arab oil money. Roman Abramovich just bought the Premier League the year after the Abu Dhabi group bought it. How is that any fair on the rest? At least Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool compete with money and resources that are their own. Peter Maher, San Francisco.

So what is the Etihad campus if not an attempt to develop young players? Chelsea spend fortunes on youth development every season, too. The oil money was the push to get started. Now those clubs will be increasingly expected to stand on their own two feet. Remind me again? Was it Chelsea who bought Manchester United’s player of the year for £37.1m last year, or the other way around? And as for the struggle to create a title-winning team? How much of a struggle was it for United to buy Peter Schmeichel, Steve Bruce, Dennis Irwin, Gary Pallister, Paul Parker, Paul Ince, Andrei Kanchelskis, Eric Cantona, Brian McClair, Mark Hughes and the rest of that first Premier League winning squad? Do you know how many players made over 15 appearances in that season and were not bought? One: Ryan Giggs. So wind you neck in. Just because you now think you’ve backed the wrong horse over in San Francisco doesn’t give you a place on the high moral ground.

Hahaha, get in MS you legend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.