City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

I particularly like this come back:

People like Jonny B who think wrongly that Manchester City are among the elite clubs in Europe do more damage than anything. You were vulgar, throwing money at everything and anything, and the fans gloated like thuggish lottery winners. It was only then that the owners realised this wasn't the image they wanted and toned it all down. You have to earn the right to sit at the top table, not buy your way there. You want praise for that factory you built, but I'll bet not one single local lad ever gets in the first team squad, never mind the team. Still a small club with a small mentality. The Vimto Kid, United Kingdom.

Samuel: Kid, yours is the smallest post I’ve ever read. Full of small-town bitterness that you haven’t got it all your own way anymore. City’s song is ‘We’re not really here.’ I’d say that is a lot less vulgar than presuming everyone has only come to see United – particularly now they are the fourth best team in the league.

Top man..

FFP might not be perfect but something is needed. Give me Rochdale and a billion and I'll make them champions of Europe. For the select few, Chelsea, Manchester City and Paris St Germain, those clubs don't need to develop young players, don't need to struggle for years to create winning teams that attract supporters that pay their money to watch the team to make them able to afford to buy and pay players with which to challenge again. They only need Russian or Arab oil money. Roman Abramovich just bought the Premier League the year after the Abu Dhabi group bought it. How is that any fair on the rest? At least Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool compete with money and resources that are their own. Peter Maher, San Francisco.

So what is the Etihad campus if not an attempt to develop young players? Chelsea spend fortunes on youth development every season, too. The oil money was the push to get started. Now those clubs will be increasingly expected to stand on their own two feet. Remind me again? Was it Chelsea who bought Manchester United’s player of the year for £37.1m last year, or the other way around? And as for the struggle to create a title-winning team? How much of a struggle was it for United to buy Peter Schmeichel, Steve Bruce, Dennis Irwin, Gary Pallister, Paul Parker, Paul Ince, Andrei Kanchelskis, Eric Cantona, Brian McClair, Mark Hughes and the rest of that first Premier League winning squad? Do you know how many players made over 15 appearances in that season and were not bought? One: Ryan Giggs. So wind you neck in. Just because you now think you’ve backed the wrong horse over in San Francisco doesn’t give you a place on the high moral ground.

Hahaha, get in MS you legend.

Brilliant from Samuel, gotta be a closet Blue..

I agree about Samuel the only journalist with any sense and I am not just saying that because he takes our stand on FUP ( Financial Unfair Play ) .... He will be getting fired by the mail soon if he carries on writing against the agenda .....City should offer him a PR position at the club ....

I agree about Samuel the only journalist with any sense and I am not just saying that because he takes our stand on FUP ( Financial Unfair Play ) .... He will be getting fired by the mail soon if he carries on writing against the agenda .....City should offer him a PR position at the club ....
Big Martin is a West Ham fan

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.