City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Martin Samuel, sainthood beckons. Full of golden nuggets. Personally I especially like this one in respect of David 'the devil' Gill.
An absolute garbage smear on David Gill. He advocated some form of FFP before Sheik Mansour rolled into town, and was still United’s chief executive officer when it was formulated. Malachas, Stalybridge.

Yes, so when he first advocated FFP it was to control Chelsea, and in 2009 while he was CEO of United he was elected onto the board of the European Clubs’ Association having previously been vice-chairman of the management committee of G14. These were the bodies that helped frame FFP with UEFA. So, on the subject of garbage, how about your research?

and this one:

This is the wrong portrayal of Chelsea and FFP. The big clubs, their deluded fans and misguided journalists all ganged up against Chelsea because of Abramovich’s money. Since everyone was against us, the club had no option but to comply. Chelsea should actually be commended for then adopting a sustainable model. Roman is in it for the long term and the danger was that after him, other less committed investors could place clubs on an unsustainable path. He should not be vilified for siding with FFP in principle because Chelsea have been affected as well. Steven M. Mwalusi, Zambia.

Speaking as a journalist who defended Abramovich’s investment, here’s the alternate view. Abramovich elevated Chelsea with owner investment – and good management – and once inside the elite wanted to stop other clubs travelling the same path to protect his supremacy. So he turned tail and supported the very thing that was brought in to stop him. As for City trying to emulate Chelsea, could you direct me to the west London equivalent of the Etihad campus please?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3099921/Raheem-Sterling-wants-200-000-week-s-way-stop-don-t-pay-it.

Martin Samuel is fucking ace. and the only reason is that he's speaking the truth.

...tells you quite a bit about journalists/the media

Martin Samuel is fucking ace. and the only reason is that he's speaking the truth.

...tells you quite a bit about journalists/the media
It's telling that we have to laud a journalist just for being unbiased and actually using his own brain. Now where is the agenda thread, I think I've been converted...

I would say all this works in our favour in that UEFA will have to be totally transparent from now on. No more dodgy decisions forced through in the interests of a few clubs. Time will tell but legal threats from our lawyers will have to be taken very seriously & Saint David G will have no individual powers.

Last edited:
Comes to something when FIFA is too overtly bent even for Gill

I would say all this works in our favour in that UEFA will have to be totally transparent from now on. No more dodgy decisions forced through in the interests of a few clubs. Time will tell but legal threats from our lawyers will have to be taken very seriously & Saint Martin will have no individual powers.
I nearly choked when one of the chief architects of the crooked FFP publicly, and without any shame said that his reputation would be soiled by taking up his FIFA position.

FIFA must be seriously fucked up if even Gill doesn't want to be a part of it.........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.