City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

I agree - as it’s turned out, at the first real sign of stiff resistance, UEFA have crumbled. If we’d have shown our fighting spirit (if we had one) early and got lawyered up straight away, we could have had this over and done with a couple of years ago.

If you believe the stories saying that it's because DuPont's court case is about to come to a conclusion, then it's taken two years to get this far. We could've resisted and taken to court, but as Khaldoon said last year, if we'd have done it then UEFA would've made our lives a misery, and while they did so our sponsors would've been jumping ship by the bucket load, as well as the players. I know people will say that UEFA wouldn't have been able to touch us and the sponsors would've brushed it off but Khaldoon specifically cited last year that we decided not to challenge it legally because of the implications for fans and sponsors.

I don't agree with that. Right is right, and if there was ever any doubt as to the outcome then it would have been spotted immediately by lawyers. Sponsors would have taken the same line rather than leave it to guesswork. UEFA could never have done anything to harm us unless they had the full written proof that comes from the written law, and maybe this is why our sanctions, bad as they were, were not as bad as they could have been. If they were and judgements were to land in our favour, UEFA as we know it, could have been finished for ever.

Well if those are the new rules they are still illegal.
A committee decides what's ok and what's not ok?
Not a chance rules like being legal it needs to state that putting funds in an escrow account are required to cover salary payments is fine.
Other mechanisms of investment (paying X per year) would indeed require a committee but of UEFA club reps? Please. They're as bent as FIFA execs.

Well if those are the new rules they are still illegal.
A committee decides what's ok and what's not ok?
Not a chance rules like being legal it needs to state that putting funds in an escrow account are required to cover salary payments is fine.
Other mechanisms of investment (paying X per year) would indeed require a committee but of UEFA club reps? Please. They're as bent as FIFA execs.
they're lurching from one cocked up set of rules to another
as you know making policy decisions on the hoof always, and i mean always, ends up in tears

I tell you what, I've noticed a distinct absence of Rag friends and associates since UEFA 'relaxed' their rules on FFP and they've positively gone missing since the FIFA scandal and the mention of Qatar 2022 and Cayman Isles financial investigations......

Alex-Ferguson-Doha.jpg

'Alex Ferguson Qatar World Cup bid in 2010'

Joseph-Blatter-is-greeted-by-AFC-president-Mohammed-bin-Hammam.jpg

'Sepp Blatter' FIFA facing fresh charges of bribery and corruption over Qatar 2022

Last edited:
So are the robbing bastards giving us our £49m back or what??? Moving the f*cking goalposts again as the know they're sailing to close to the wind ...

I personally would like us to take legal action against UEFA and make a massive claim for restriction of business, they have deliberately placed a hurdle in our way (and PSGs) to protect the big boys ..... Lets face it is was aimed directly at us and PSG anything else is just flannel and a smoke screen ... F*ck UEFA, f*ck Gill, f*ck rags, f*ck Madrid, f*ck Barca, f*ck Bayern ... Feel better now!!!!!

Let's just say that City had their accounts in the Cayman Islands and were totally legit. You could bet your house on that article saying at the bottom Man City use the islands for their accounts etc. Just to associate the corruption with us.

Was thinking the very same thing.

So are the robbing bastards giving us our £49m back or what??? Moving the f*cking goalposts again as the know they're sailing to close to the wind ...

I personally would like us to take legal action against UEFA and make a massive claim for restriction of business, they have deliberately placed a hurdle in our way (and PSGs) to protect the big boys ..... Lets face it is was aimed directly at us and PSG anything else is just flannel and a smoke screen ... F*ck UEFA, f*ck Gill, f*ck rags, f*ck Madrid, f*ck Barca, f*ck Bayern ... Feel better now!!!!!

Now that is how we feel, just imagine how ADUG and particularly Sheikh M. feel ?

They must have extremely good reasons to negotiate a compromise with UEFA rather than resort to immediate legal action.
Perhaps the detail of the compromise included the new FFP2 changes with more to come possibly including payment of full amount of the CL appearance money.

ADUG will proceed with correct business practice to ensure their Business Plan succeeds and I am confident that ''a long memory rather than a short temper'' coupled with legal safeguards forms the basis of the CFG as well as City decision to accept a ''pinch''.
In my opinion the ability to take effective legal action has not been abandoned but is still an option should UEFA step outside the absolute detail of the probably legally binding compromise deal previously agreed.

Now that is how we feel, just imagine how ADUG and particularly Sheikh M. feel ?

They must have extremely good reasons to negotiate a compromise with UEFA rather than resort to immediate legal action.
Perhaps the detail of the compromise included the new FFP2 changes with more to come possibly including payment of full amount of the CL appearance money.

ADUG will proceed with correct business practice to ensure their Business Plan succeeds and I am confident that ''a long memory rather than a short temper'' coupled with legal safeguards forms the basis of the CFG as well as City decision to accept a ''pinch''.
In my opinion the ability to take effective legal action has not been abandoned but is still an option should UEFA step outside the absolute detail of the probably legally binding compromise deal previously agreed.
Agree with most of that, I'm sure that City used it to our advantage in the long term and wouldn't be surprised if we forced through this relaxing of the rules.

The only bit I don't see happening is us getting the "fine" back, that will never happen short of a Fifa style court raping of UEFA.

Was £16m they held back from us, 49m was if we didn't abide the rules they set us. Think the spending cap hurt us most.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.