City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Did we actually get fined the €49m or was this just withheld from any prize money from the ECL?

We were fined £16m (in withheld prize money). The remainder of the fine was suspended and won't be relevant now that we've met the terms for the first year.

We were fined £16m (in withheld prize money). The remainder of the fine was suspended and won't be relevant now that we've met the terms for the first year.
And we have already paid the £16m off in a oner rather than in the 2 instalments we were asked for. I've always thought that was a bit of an 'up yours UEFA' from the Sheikh.

I.

The operating loss for that season would have been £7mill, but that increased to £23mill due to the FFP fine.

And we have already paid the £16m off in a oner rather than in the 2 instalments we were asked for. I've always thought that was a bit of an 'up yours UEFA' from the Sheikh.

£16m? Let me check my pockets. Do you have change for a billion?

Agree with most of that, I'm sure that City used it to our advantage in the long term and wouldn't be surprised if we forced through this relaxing of the rules.

The only bit I don't see happening is us getting the "fine" back, that will never happen short of a Fifa style court raping of UEFA.

You are probably right about the fine I'm afraid.

There again maybe it will come in the form of a voucher which gives change in cash against any purchase in the UEFA online shop ?

You are probably right about the fine I'm afraid.

There again maybe it will come in the form of a voucher which gives change in cash against any purchase of the UEFA online shop ?

Edited for more likely scenario.

The withheld fine was distributed to the other participating clubs as a share of greater income was it not? It would be delicious if those clubs had to repay it to us, but could you imagine the trouble that would cause? Will never happen.

Edited for more likely scenario.

The withheld fine was distributed to the other participating clubs as a share of greater income was it not? It would be delicious if those clubs had to repay it to us, but could you imagine the trouble that would cause? Will never happen.

I know that, UEFA must save face at all costs.

My suggestion was just to indicate that the monies can come direct from UEFA and not obviously connected to the withheld CL amount.
Buying a 20 euro shirt and getting £14M + change was my solution.
Unlikely but business can work in strange ways......

Was thinking the very same thing.

I was reading a rag over the weekend when it mentioned the serious accident at The Fenway Stadium. Mentioned the owners too but didn't mention which team they own in England. I thought at the time if that was us, they would be all over MCFC and there would be pictures of The Sheikh, pictures of empty seats...etc.
Twats. :-(

I seriously doubt we had anything to do with it. It's more likely that they realise we've beat them and the current rules will only hurt the "established clubs" as well as being illegal in EU law.

Only being relaxed as we are established and our growth off the pitch is as impressive. Now its the old established clubs that have fallen on harder times ie The Milan's who are now moaning that Platini and Co are so far up the established clubs arses they are relaxing it as no doubt been told to

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.