City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Well, I'm not sure if any of this is new but Mundo Deportivo has a 'special envoy' in Berlin with info about revised FFP. This is some rough translations from Spanish:

- UEFA and the ECA are meeting in Berlin to finalize the draft to be approved by the Executive of Prague on June 30th.

- Clubs will be able to present a 'voluntary agreement' that allows them to invest more with a business plan that proves they can cover investments, expenses and losses (HELLO!). These will be examined closely by UEFA to make sure there is no deception.

- Higher amortization. Something to do with 4 years and harsher penalties. I don't really understand this but anyone who is fluent in Spanish:

No se podrán incluir posibles ingresos por participar en Champions League o Europa League , pero sí entradas de dinero procedentes de derechos de televisión, marketing o publicidad.

De esta manera, la UEFA permitirá una amortización en un plazo superior al actual que alcanzará los cuatro años. Aunque en caso de incumplimiento del equilibrio de ingresos y gastos, las penas serán más duras.

- Maximum deficit won't change and will remain at 30m euros.

- The policy is aimed to please clubs like City and PSG who have been hurt most by FFP and who it seems have applied enough pressure to see through this compromise.

Well, I'm not sure if any of this is new but Mundo Deportivo has a 'special envoy' in Berlin with info about revised FFP. This is some rough translations from Spanish:

- UEFA and the ECA are meeting in Berlin to finalize the draft to be approved by the Executive of Prague on June 30th.

- Clubs will be able to present a 'voluntary agreement' that allows them to invest more with a business plan that proves they can cover investments, expenses and losses (HELLO!). These will be examined closely by UEFA to make sure there is no deception.

- Higher amortization. Something to do with 4 years and harsher penalties. I don't really understand this but anyone who is fluent in Spanish:

- The policy is aimed to please clubs like City and PSG who have been hurt most by FFP and who it seems have applied enough pressure to see through this compromise.

I seriously doubt we had anything to do with it. It's more likely that they realise we've beat them and the current rules will only hurt the "established clubs" as well as being illegal in EU law.

I seriously doubt we had anything to do with it. It's more likely that they realise we've beat them and the current rules will only hurt the "established clubs" as well as being illegal in EU law.

Correct! Either way though we have won and will flourish from now on!

According to Dupont in the last week or so there are 18 separate legal actions against FFP including his own . UEFA are screwed and know it, this revision is just delaying the inevitable or reducing the legal damage limitation , its no longer a case of if but when the charade collapses.

I'm no expert on Spanish translation, but it might have something to do with the break-even time period being lengthened to 4 years? I'm only guessing that from its relation to the subsequent sentence about failing to make break-even, which will result in harsher penalties.

I can't see how anyone can call this climb down as a victory for us. We have been held back for 3 years while some exceptional young talent has been signed by the old guard. Far from playing a blinder, we have meakly allowed UEFA’S established club's to take the piss. We should have been all over the FFP from the off. It will take us a decade achieve what we should already be enjoying, WORLD DOMINATION!

I can't see how anyone can call this climb down as a victory for us. We have been held back for 3 years while some exceptional young talent has been signed by the old guard. Far from playing a blinder, we have meakly allowed UEFA’S established club's to take the piss. We should have been all over the FFP from the off. It will take us a decade achieve what we should already be enjoying, WORLD DOMINATION!
I agree - as it’s turned out, at the first real sign of stiff resistance, UEFA have crumbled. If we’d have shown our fighting spirit (if we had one) early and got lawyered up straight away, we could have had this over and done with a couple of years ago.

Bitter sweet for sure. Even if the only thing that changed in the last 3 seasons was signing Hazard instead of him going to the Chavs, that's as good as 1 more title in the bag right there.

No se podrán incluir posibles ingresos por participar en Champions League o Europa League , pero sí entradas de dinero procedentes de derechos de televisión, marketing o publicidad.

De esta manera, la UEFA permitirá una amortización en un plazo superior al actual que alcanzará los cuatro años. Aunque en caso de incumplimiento del equilibrio de ingresos y gastos, las penas serán más duras.

It will not include possible revenue by participating in Champions League or Europa League, but the inclusion of money from TV rights, marketing or advertising.

In this way, UEFA allow a higher amortization than the current deadline accrued over four years. Although in the case of a breach in the balance of revenue against expenditure, the penalties will be more severe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.