City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Can somebody check my maths here please?

-------------------------

Sterling cost £44m on 5 years at £150k a week. Amortisation cost of £8.8m + wages cost of £7.8m = £16.6m

KdB could cost £40m on presumably same contract. Amortisation cost of £8m + wages of £7.8m = £15.8m

Pogba could cost £80m on 5 years at £250k a week. Amortisation cost of £16m + wages of £13m = £28m.

Total new costs are £60.4m

-------------------------

Dzeko signed for 5 years in 2011 at £27m or £5.4m a year. He resigned a contract in 2014 for 4 years meaning he had £10.2m left, making his yearly cost now £2.7m. Plus wages on top of £8m makes total cost of £10.7m

Jovetic cost £23m for 5 years at £4.6m a year. Wages are approximately £6m a year making a cost of £10.6m a year.

Richards has left the club with £4m a year wages and no amortisation value due to him being an Academy graduate. Total cost of £4m a year.

Milner signed for 5 years for £25m or £5m a year cost. His wages were approx £6m a year meaning a total cost of £11m.

Lampard's wages were paid by City and reputably worth another £6m a year.

Total saved based on above would be £42.3m.

------------------------

So I reckon our increased outlay based on landing/selling the above would only be about £17m a year on the books, which should be immediately covered by rise in the TV deal. Can anyone show me where I might have gone wrong here?

£2m on amortisation for Sinclair plus probably around £2.5m in wages.

Cheers mate, so the total potential saving for next year is £41.1m rather than the £42.3m as listed. That 4.5 year contract seemed to level me.

And this is obviously presuming that the wages are all as reported which they likely aren't going to be but it isn't a bad estimate to suggest that based on selling Dzeko and Jovetic then we'll probably be looking at a yearly book cost that can easily be covered by the TV deal alone with room to spare

The new TV deal doesn't hit till next year I think...

Any incoming transfer fees go against this years accounts though so the sale of Dzeko alone would bring us pretty much even until the new deal.

I genuinely forgot that he even existed.

I'm calling any above mistakes on outgoings within "the Sinclair margin of error"

Easily done :). I think when we include the new contracts signed this summer for players staying and the exits of the likes of Rekik we'll come close to breaking even from a costs point of view.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.