City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

two posts under that post you put up in the same thread (i didnt know how to embed it)

View attachment 34336

He didn’t account for Leroy Sane being sold was put into those figures plus David Silva having his wages moved off the books. Add to that we have a youth set up that turns over decent amounts as well. They aren’t too sharp on the uptake those dippers.

Whilst I’m sure I’ll get a abuse for this and it is unbelievable what the owners have done.

We have in recent history competed with United on boardcasting and commercial.

Where we struggle to compete is the match day revenue aspect, so with that basically removed for all clubs I would expect us to be above them (especially given the success in CL of both teams that season).

Whilst it makes great reading, a true measurement for me would be next season when matchday is back and I believe United will move back in front.

Regardless of this our owners run business on a level I would struggle to understand, United’s would struggle running a corner shop successfully. This can be seen clearly on the pitch and that’s where it really matters!!

We lost circa £55m them circa £100m so we’d still be in front but only just. Whoever is ‘in front’ or not is largely irrelevant. What these results have demonstrated is that we are now right up there on and off the field at the very very top in terms of business.

It’s also highlights and there’s a very simple 3 part graphs that show our commercial revenues at a similar level to most. 10% behind Bayern in these results.
Which ends any argument that our owners a ploughing in money, that we are a ‘sugar daddy’ club.
If Mansour, the UAE or Dr Evil or whoever they claim is falsely inflating revenues, surely our revenues would dwarf everyone else’s??

MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
xx.gif

Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons, the Porto Pussycats, the Faro Financial Fairplayers

« Reply #19830 on: Today at 05:22:53 pm »

I'm a professional accountant and I don't normally bother about the financial statements of clubs. There is absolutely no way these should turn a profit last season in "normal circustances".

They pay big wages and spent big money last season and their matchday revenue was insignificant because games were being played behind closed doors. However, common sense doesn't seemingly apply to these oil clubs because it's dodgy and should ordinarily alert regulators.

I'll give their account a read and revert.

We’re fucked. RAWK have an accountant on the case. Lol.
Is he claiming City have reported a positive false ?

It has. This line caught my eye:

An impairment charge of £18.7m has been recognised based on an assessment of first team players that are not expected to be a member of the first team playing squad.

I wonder who that could be referring to?
Mendy ?

Haha the accountant is actually saying the accounts are fair. Twice he’s said it. The other posters are ignoring it and asking about the premier league investigation.

You just hear them shrieking and barely understandable, the marble-mouthed bastards.

No but it will not make that bigger difference with the players sales and no other major expenditure, the amortisation should not be unduly effected.

Wage bill can’t be much different with Aguero gone.

And Fernandinho much reduced I would think.

GPC's original quote wasn't referencing City overtaking United like we have done but was his answer to a reporter's question whether City would ever start a derby as favourites. Which makes his comment even more fucking ridiculous.
Correct. A lot of people forget this. Just shows what an arrogant shit stain the man is! Hope he lives to be a hundred!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.