City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

So we have a great season again 2021-22, sell Ake, Sterling, Porro, Braff, we are also ok to be £30m over spent I think, wages have gone up based on being successfull so for the right reasons that's OK with me although wages have always been mad but winning eases that pain

City could if wanted based on the season & the Dubai 2 new sponsors go balls deep for both Haaland & Rice & still have change??
The 2 sponsor are worth less than a million each. Braaf will fetch nothing. Porro is worth 8m. Why would we sell Ake? Sterling maybe but who can afford him.

These results are last season which ended 30-Jun-21 and hence pre torres, grealish, kane

Key changes this season:
Torres money is in this season at an approx profit of £40m.
Grealish transfer fee is in this season at an approx £(17)m cost.
Assume net nil on salaries with Aguero (and others) out, Grealish in (and new contracts).
Stadiums back with fans so extra £60m revenue but will come with costs so assume m to profit.
Last year benefitted by every domestic game being televised and extra games from delayed 19/20 season, so revert to 2 years ago and lose around £(20)m.

There may be other key movements that others are aware of but this years results we should be slightly up if we repeat last years success and hence probably could have afforded Kane and still turned a breakeven result.

However UEFA revenues are critical.
Last year we get to final and receive £115m
18/19 we got to qf and received £85m
Re CL money
We should be up on this compared to the same stage of last season
This year we entered as league champions which pays an extra 10% of the initial money

It has. This line caught my eye:

An impairment charge of £18.7m has been recognised based on an assessment of first team players that are not expected to be a member of the first team playing squad.

I wonder who that could be referring to?
Does saying we don't expect the player in question to not be part of the squad suggest that we think he won't be coming back inferring we think he will be otherwise engaged for the next 10 years? That can't help his case and could influence the outcome if his own employer have basically found him guilty.
In theory, if he was free in summer he would be back with the 1st team squad.

Does saying we don't expect the player in question to not be part of the squad suggest that we think he won't be coming back inferring we think he will be otherwise engaged for the next 10 years? That can't help his case and could influence the outcome if his own employer have basically found him guilty.
City may have already paid him off

Was he charged last year (this is the financial year prior?) or depending on the outcome we will be pursuing claiming that back for breach of contract etc?

MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
xx.gif

Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons, the Porto Pussycats, the Faro Financial Fairplayers

« Reply #19830 on: Today at 05:22:53 pm »

I'm a professional accountant and I don't normally bother about the financial statements of clubs. There is absolutely no way these should turn a profit last season in "normal circustances".

They pay big wages and spent big money last season and their matchday revenue was insignificant because games were being played behind closed doors. However, common sense doesn't seemingly apply to these oil clubs because it's dodgy and should ordinarily alert regulators.

I'll give their account a read and revert.

We’re fucked. RAWK have an accountant on the case. Lol.
Anyone who describes themselves tautologically as a ‘professional accountant’ manifestly isn’t at the top of his or her…err..profession.

I suspect his contract will be cancelled regardless of the outcome

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.