City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

Marvin said:
The Man With The Stick said:
I expect our punishment to be far less severe than PSGs given our co-operation over FFP, I still think the papers have plucked this '£50 million fine' out of thin air (or one dodgy source).
How would that ever stand up as a fair punishment?
How does their deficit compare to ours. I thought it was supposed to be similar. In which case the fine should end up being similar.

Let me explain.
1 City & PSG have been grouped together as having lost over £100m. Okay I know we've been stitched up but bear with me.
2 Both clubs have presumably be given similar initial penalties.
3 PSG have admitted guilt and plea bargained their punishment down reaching "a settlement".
This "settlement" could be contested by other French clubs but won't be. PSG are after all a G14 club.
4 City have rejected the initial penalties because we're not guilty and even if we were FFP is not legal in our eyes.
5 City's initial penalties will now be reviewed by the Appeals Panel who will increase them and probably ban us from
the competition. If City had reached a "settlement" instead this would have been contested by an English G14 club
(probably Arsenal) and the penalty would have been increased back to a least the original level.

Once City were grouped with PSG we were always going to be hit harder.It's totally logical. This is how cartels work.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Marvin said:
I expect our punishment to be far less severe than PSGs given our co-operation over FFP, I still think the papers have plucked this '£50 million fine' out of thin air (or one dodgy source).
How does their deficit compare to ours. I thought it was supposed to be similar. In which case the fine should end up being similar.

Let me explain.
1 City & PSG have been grouped together as having lost over £100m. Okay I know we've been stitched up but bear with me.
3 PSG have admitted guilt and plea bargained their punishment down reaching "a settlement".
This "settlement" could be contested by other French clubs but won't be. PSG are after all a G14 club.
4 City have rejected the initial penalties because we're not guilty and even if we were FFP is not legal in our eyes.
5 City's initial penalties will now be reviewed by the Appeals Panel who will increase them and probably ban us from
the competition. If City had reached a "settlement" instead this would have been contested by an English G14 club
(probably Arsenal) and the penalty would have been increased back to a least the original level.

Once City were grouped with PSG we were always going to be hit harder.It's totally logical. This is how cartels work.

So fuck the cartel. Their stance is clear and we have nothing to lose. Take it legal and milk them dry.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Marvin said:

Let me explain.

So blindingly obvious. Someone like Arsenal can ask for us to be fined more when our finances and relationships with governing bodies have fuck all to do with them? Fuck the Champions League if we have to and take them to court. If it bankrupts the fuckers good, we can fund a new body to be set up without bent refs and officials.

Whatever happens, I think it's safe to say we won't be getting many refereeing decisions go our way in the CL any time soon

PB and fblokes posts....have me perturbed. I don't know what big story or potentially seismic event you Itk folks know or suspect..please just tell me/Us should we be excited or terrified??? Not expect ting you to stick your necks out or divulge confidential information or sources...just give us direction...hope or fear.

BigOscar said:
Whatever happens, I think it's safe to say we won't be getting many refereeing decisions go our way in the CL any time soon

You wouldn't be implying what I think you're implying would you? Next you'll try to tell me there is no Santa!

CitizenTID said:
So blindingly obvious. Someone like Arsenal can ask for us to be fined more when our finances and relationships with governing bodies have fuck all to do with them? Fuck the Champions League if we have to and take them to court. If it bankrupts the fuckers good, we can fund a new body to be set up without bent refs and officials.

I think it's slowly dawning on UEFA that they are caught between a rock and a hard place on this,
Side with us and alienate the G14 who may break away and form their own competition or side with them and be destroyed in court.
Ultimately it's in their best interests to side with us. Their cop out (regarding the G14) will be the Court of Arbitration for Sport who
will almost certainly side with us against UEFA. If it goes beyond that to the European Courts UEFA will be destroyed and I think
that they know that. I wouldn't expect them to fight too hard when it goes to CAS.

bumbleblue said:
PB and fblokes posts....have me perturbed. I don't know what big story or potentially seismic event you Itk folks know or suspect..please just tell me/Us should we be excited or terrified??? Not expect ting you to stick your necks out or divulge confidential information or sources...just give us direction...hope or fear.
Fap or flap?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.