City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

rugbyblue said:
goalmole said:
UEFA has been in permanent dialogue with the European Commission about financial fair play and has received continued support for this initiative. There is also a joint statement from the UEFA President and the EU commissioner for competition, emphasising the consistency between the rules and objectives of financial fair play and the policy aims of the EU commission in the field of state aid.

Notice what's not stated there?

'X number of Judges at the European Court of Justice have ruled that it is legal and proper'.

Unless the European parliament changes the law, it's got sod all to do with what the EU commisioner for competition thinks (when challenged in court), it would come down to what the judges at the European Court of Justice ruled on.

FFP is already being challenged at court, if it was open and shut then it would have been dismissed already, instead the court is expected to rule by early 2015.
Just to clarify. The quote attributed to me in your post is actually what i quoted someone else as saying. I have looked back at my post and found that i have made a bit of a balls of it. Howeever i have made an attempt to correct it and if you go back to read it i think you will find that my sentiments concur almost exactly with yours.

i think i'm right in saying the red dippers shirt deal with Warrior is for a guaranteed minimum of £25 million per year for 6 years, therefore over 10 years would equate to £250 million, how the hell can our Etihad deal be questioned when you consider what it encompasses.

i am sure that there is also a link between the dippers owners and Warrior as well, given that i can;t think of another top flight football club who use warrior you would be hard pressed to argue that it isnt a related party deal. i suppose we will find out next year then.

Uefa.png

1126-equals-sign-magenta.png

images

abu13 said:
i think i'm right in saying the red dippers shirt deal with Warrior is for a guaranteed minimum of £25 million per year for 6 years, therefore over 10 years would equate to £250 million, how the hell can our Etihad deal be questioned when you consider what it encompasses.

i am sure that there is also a link between the dippers owners and Warrior as well, given that i can;t think of another top flight football club who use warrior you would be hard pressed to argue that it isnt a related party deal. i suppose we will find out next year then.

Warrior are a subsidiary of New Balance. New Balance are a business interest on John Henry..

schfc6 said:
abu13 said:

Warrior are a subsidiary of New Balance. New Balance are a business interest on John Henry..

That's interesting - how much of a business interest are we talking here? I haven't been able to find his shareholding.

abu13 said:

I cannot for the life of me understand how our Etihad deal can be singled out. There are numerous deals in football of similar value - no court would rule that only the Etihad deal was adjusted. The other teams at the top of the premier league have shirt only deals of similar amounts or more. On the other element of a related party clubs like Wolsburg and Leverkusen have their owners logos on their shirts as part of lucrative sponsorship deals - and by definition these must be related party transactions - as are numerous deals that FC Bayern have in place with major shareholders. I really am starting to think that leading figures in G14 have pushed UEFA into this and they are now in a right old mess.

Henkeman said:
schfc6 said:
abu13 said:

That's interesting - how much of a business interest are we talking here? I haven't been able to find his shareholding.

They both stem from Boston and are friends. They have no shared business interests.

Have UEFA ever disclosed what their punishments are for failing certain parts of FFPR?

Like a list. Be it on paper or in PDF format.

Or have they made it up as they went along, and kept it to themselves.

Why isn't the said list in the public domain after 5 yeas of FFPR?

I just pray that player and his agent win their case in court,then their whole shameful attempt to stifle any other club from having a pop at the top and their protection of the cartel will be blown out of the water,as it should be!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.