City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

Been thinking a little about this if we did decide to withdraw or were excluded.

Might be missing the bigger picture here.

Uefa doing the G14s bidding is because they know the only other option is a threatened breakaway, having their grubby noses removed from the trough.

Perhaps it is not the big boys we should be trying to win over in all this?

If Abu Dhabi was to bankroll an annual summer tournament which was invitational, but only to those OUTSIDE of Arsenal, Liverpool, United and Spurs, we would start to balance the scale in our favour?

Say ten Prem teams who receive a flat £5m participation fee and a sliding scale of merit payments based on how far you progress in a round-robin? With a winners prize of a further £10m on top?

The tournament would cost around £60m a year to run, which is chicken feed compared to the fines and restrictions Uefa will continue to enforce.

If these teams can collect money this way, they would also collect improved results in the Premier League, threatening United, Arsenal, Chelsea Liverpool and Spurs' ability to nail down the top four every season?

The Premier League clubs all have to vote on various issues, if 15 of them need us, more than they need THEM, the whole dynamic of the top flight changes.

At the moment, England's old guard call the shots, but this would level the playing field.

Imagine a season where Liverpool or Arsenal finish outside top four and aren't invited to our tournament.

It would not be long before Uefa would start to ask questions why the likes of Chelsea and United were not in the Champions League as regularly?

Our owners can actually arm other Premier League teams to start impacting results on and off the pitch.

George Hannah said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
If I could have one wish right now (other than winning the league tomorrow) it would be to be allowed 1hr in a room with Twattini,Gill and all the other cunts in the cartel so I could just kick their fucking heads in. Now normally I am a man of peace however this shit has really really got under my skin. We keep getting told by some pretty senior posters (including mods) that we will be fine,not to worry etc etc and that the club are going to fight this,but are they really? I am glad the club have not said anything in public about this yet but it it is a fucking joke that this shit has been allowed to go this way.
Financial fair play is simply a way of protecting the usual suspects.
Wenger with his anti City bile all the time
Brenda with his "richest club" jibes
Gill with his slimy fucking face that I'd love to put my size 9 in.

Seriously-How do we as fans accept this? I for fucking one don't and never will.
If they ban us from europe that is one hell of a lot of income gone (The irony of this is clearly lost on these fuckers at UEFA).

To say this is leaving a bitter taste in my mouth is an understatement.
This is the one thing that will make me jack football. Forget the spiralling costs-We can live with this for now,but corruption at this level,being told we have failed when in reality we have passed.
They are moving the goalposts all the time and we will never beat this. I hope and seriously hope our great owner just blows these cunts away.
Anyway,I won't let this ruin my weekend despite me being pretty pissed off with it.
What can we do? I have no fucking idea.
don't worry GDM's finger is on the button and we're just one gambit away from checkmate

GDM is probably the only poster that keeps me laughing mate.
He is a very clever guy but his one liners serious have me doubled up at times.
Back to my post though and what Chippy says is so so true.
Why don't we take our gloves off? Martin Samuel said we were a club that wants to be loved well we have tried all the nicey nicey stuff yet fuck all changes.
I'd love for Pellers or or chairman to turn around and tell Arsenal to stop ripping their fans off and thinking 4th spot is acceptable for fans paying well over £1000 per season ticket etc.
I'd love the same to be said to Brenda. How about stop shagging around on your wife Brendan with some fucking young slapper and concentrate on your team.
Sick to fuck of FFP. Never going to beat it. £50000000 fine!!! 50 fucking million...We don't earn that in the CL so I'd just pull out and fuck them. Win every trophy here year in year out.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Damocles said:
This is becoming a more common occurrence recently than I'm comfortable with but can we have less of the Jewish/anti-Arab conspiracy theories please?
LeBron James is one of the Liverpool owners isn't he? He doesn't look too Jewish to me.
Not having that Damo.

Our very own chairman hinted at this 5 years ago.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Damocles said:
This is becoming a more common occurrence recently than I'm comfortable with but can we have less of the Jewish/anti-Arab conspiracy theories please?
LeBron James is one of the Liverpool owners isn't he? He doesn't look too Jewish to me.
The Scientology mob seem to get short shrift, is it an agenda?

toffee balls said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Damocles said:
Not having that Damo.

And how did he do that?

So, let me get this right. Are you implying we fucked Tal Ben Haim off because he was Israeli and not because he was utterly wank? It's all clear now.

Chippy_boy said:
You know StHelens, you said something that made me think. Nothing to do with FFP. It's this:

I am sick to the back teeth of hearing other managers, other clubs, other former players FUCKING MOANING about my club. It's incessant.

And the stark contrast is, we NEVER do it about them. You only have to turn on Sky Sports for 1 minute before you see some video of Arsene Wenger slating our spending. Or the utter **** Brenton Rogers saying some similar shite.

But you NEVER hear us saying, "we hate playing at Anfield because it's such a fucking dump", in fact the whole town is a dump. Or "Arsenal, £70 a ticket - the fucking thieves, what a shit club that is".

It's great we have class, it really is. But in a way I'd love it if we took the gloves off and insulted them all constantly.

Perhaps we do and Sky are suppressing it. Maybe they are only giving air time to bilge and propaganda.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Been thinking a little about this if we did decide to withdraw or were excluded.

Might be missing the bigger picture here.

Uefa doing the G14s bidding is because they know the only other option is a threatened breakaway, having their grubby noses removed from the trough.

Perhaps it is not the big boys we should be trying to win over in all this?

If Abu Dhabi was to bankroll an annual tournament which was invitational, but only to those OUTSIDE of Arsenal, Liverpool, United and Spurs, we would start to balance the scale on our favour.

Say ten teams who receive a flat £5m participation fee and a sliding scale of merit payments based on how far you progress in a round-robin? With a winners prize of a further £10m on top?

The tournament would cost around £60m a year to run, which is chicken feed compared to the fines and restrictions Uefa will continue to enforce.

If these teams can collect money this way, they would also collect improved results in the Premier League, threatening United, Arsenal, Chelsea Liverpool and Spurs' ability to nail down the top four every season?

The Premier League clubs all have to vote on various issues, if 15 of them need us, more than they need THEM, the whole dynamic of the top flight chances.

At the moment, England's old guard call the shots, but this would level the playing field.

Imagine a season where Liverpool or Arsenal finish outside top four and aren't invited to our tournament.

It would not be long before Uefa would start to ask questions why the likes of Chelsea and United were not in the Champions League as regularly?

Our owners can actually arm other Premier League teams to start impacting results on and off the pitch.

Im sure TV companies and sponsors would also soon jump in to add to the prize money thus making this very lucrative for those who partake...

Why couldn't we start a separate organization in Europe and invite only just like the champions league but invite only

Prestwich_Blue said:
toffee balls said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Not having that Damo.

And how did he do that?

So, let me get this right. Are you implying we fucked Tal Ben Haim off because he was Israeli and not because he was utterly wank? It's all clear now.

Urgh. Did you have to mention Ben-Haim? Repressed memories...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.