City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

Damocles said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Murph said:
I'm not having a go mate, but no fucker on here knows what's going on. You really think the top people at the club, would talk about this with anyone who post's on Bluemoon? As Jim Royle would say, ITK my ARSE!!
You clearly don't realise that a club director posts on here every now and again.

I've seen MPs, civil servants in extremely high positions, directors at City, executives from other Prem clubs, recognisable names from Abu Dhabi in powerful positions, a bunch of media from almost every paper people can imagine, old players, current players, youth players and many many more post on here.

I was never impressed by ITK people until I joined the team and was able to see what was coming from where

That may very well be the case, but PB saying that a director occasionally post's on here, doesn't mean we actually know what is going on does it. If we have actual ITK knowledge then please post it.

Damocles said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Murph said:
I'm not having a go mate, but no fucker on here knows what's going on. You really think the top people at the club, would talk about this with anyone who post's on Bluemoon? As Jim Royle would say, ITK my ARSE!!
You clearly don't realise that a club director posts on here every now and again.

I've seen MPs, civil servants in extremely high positions, directors at City, executives from other Prem clubs, recognisable names from Abu Dhabi in powerful positions, a bunch of media from almost every paper people can imagine, old players, current players, youth players and many many more post on here.

I was never impressed by ITK people until I joined the team and was able to see what was coming from where

To be fair Damocles. No fucker would believe anything that came out of 'some' of the above's gobs

Henkeman said:
Cobwebcat said:
If this is true then it's not great for us or UEFA. the winners are the G14 cartel who are pulling the strings with none of the risk.

CAS 50/50

ECJ these guys are no fools. If we lost we would deserve to lose, but I think we would win 90/10....trouble with this is it would take years and in the meantime there is no European footy for us.

I still think there will be a last minute agreement.

Expelling City from European football would be....extremely brave. Courageous in fact.

If I understand what people have been posting on this thread, and I am far from legally trained, if they were to ban us and then have the ban overturned by the ECJ we could due them for loss of earning as well as damages. It could conceivably bankrupt EUFA when you add it all up, I guess.

Tried to explain to my 11 year old lad today what this is all about. Basically I framed it in terms of standing up to bullies who are often jealous or feel left out or cannot compete with you on fair grounds.

Convinced myself we should fight this if the bullies dont agree to leave us in peace.

Was also at Platt lane training on Friday one of the dads (not a blue nor is his son) tried to say its right if we broke the law we should be kicked out. I tried to explain the ins and outs. All I got back was " i can be bothered with learning the detail "... and continued to spew the Wenger crap.

At which point I lost it and told him may he should take his sons free eduction and spot in the shiny new academy next season and fuck off to the Shit hole Utd offer. Didn`t even grasp the implications for his own kid. This is what we are up against.

bluemoondays said:
Henkeman said:
Cobwebcat said:
If this is true then it's not great for us or UEFA. the winners are the G14 cartel who are pulling the strings with none of the risk.

CAS 50/50

ECJ these guys are no fools. If we lost we would deserve to lose, but I think we would win 90/10....trouble with this is it would take years and in the meantime there is no European footy for us.

I still think there will be a last minute agreement.

Expelling City from European football would be....extremely brave. Courageous in fact.

If I understand what people have been posting on this thread, and I am far from legally trained, if they were to ban us and then have the ban overturned by the ECJ we could due them for loss of earning as well as damages. It could conceivably bankrupt EUFA when you add it all up, I guess.

maybe that will end up our intention. . To replace it with a fair and equitable competition. I think we can isolate Arsenel,, rags and bayern in the long run. We need the spanish big boys on ourside plus a few of the the bigger german, french and italain clubs, Surely they will chase the big bucks of a new comp.

Last minute deal or settlement is my best guess too on this whole thing.

Too much to lose for both sides to go further from here to CAS etc.

The best interest of the club will have to decide not personal feelings. Us being in the CL for years is the clubs best interest in terms of building the brand bigger and bigger. We need lot of new fans buying shirts in China, USA etc. Soriano told it clearly. CL success is a big way of doing next to building a team that plays great football, great style, and wins trophies with that style what is already in place.

Im confused about one thing that i have just read.. The bit that allows a disregard for contracts prior to 2010 is only allowed if you meet the FFP regs.... So what is the point of it if you can only use it as a write off if you have complied because if you have compled you wouldnt need it!

Ok, just so I can get my head round FFP...

[bigimg]http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/resources/Monitoring%20Periods.jpg[/bigimg]

Looking at that, if we have been adjudged to have failed FFP by a hefty amount, due to not being allowed to exclude pre-2010 contracts (around 80m), we're definitely going to fail again next year unless this year's accounts (which end May 31?) can make up for it. However, this is not going to happen given that the expected increase in revenue (up 60m from 270m to 330m - as per Soriano's UAE presentation - and and any decrease in wages - no managerial pay offs) will be eaten up by last summer's net transfer spend (Negredo et al)

So, all in all, those pre-2010 contracts are going to act like a ball and chain until after next year's break even point when the 2011-2012 no longer applies.

Is this correct?

If so, I could see us being excluded from the 2015/2016 Champions League because the noise to chuck us out, having failed 2 break even points in a row, will be deafening

crazyadi said:
Im confused about one thing that i have just read.. The bit that allows a disregard for contracts prior to 2010 is only allowed if you meet the FFP regs.... So what is the point of it if you can only use it as a write off if you have complied because if you have compled you wouldnt need it!
Not quite. You're allowed, if you failed, to disregard that money if doing so would have meant you pass FFP.

ElanJo said:
Ok, just so I can get my head round FFP...

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/resources/Monitoring%20Periods.jpg[/img

Looking at that, if we have been adjudged to have failed FFP due to not being allowed to exclude pre-2010 contracts (around 80m), we're definitely going to fail again next year unless this year's accounts (which end May 31?) can make up for it. However, this is not going to happen given that the expected increase in revenue (up 60m from 270m to 330m - as per Soriano's UAE presentation - and and any decrease in wages - no managerial pay offs) will be eaten up by last summer's net transfer spend (Negredo et al)

So, all in all, those pre-2010 contracts are going to act like a ball and chain until after next year's break even point when the 2011-2012 no longer applies.

Is this correct?[/quote]

Do we plan to sell IP stuff again next year too? Because if not, that is around 50m less income. So basically we would need 110m more to get to 330m income. If these IP things and image rights thing was a one off income, we have to make that amount up trough other channels.
Certainly PL tv deal will help and less spent on wages as Mancini and his staff cost us a lot per year not mentioning their whole pay off.

But if we win the league lot of bonuses can be paid out on top of the wages so dont really expect huge decrease (like 20% or more) in last year wages.
It was around 230m I am sure it wont be under 200 this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.