City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

SWP's back said:
rickmcfc said:
FantasyIreland said:
That sounds very encouraging,so why do I believe it wont be that simple??

Because it's pure speculation, with no basis to support the claim on. We don't even know why we have failed it yet do we? Let's all stop trying to second guess why, what's next, and let's concentrate on today shall we?
So why are you in this thread?

What a fucking silly comment.

I like you when ur angry..reminds me of me..

mcfc2607 said:
Will it affect our summer transfers
Certainly doesn't help as there are 2 doubts

1) Potential signings would surely look beyond the 1-2 year uncertainty - although it doesn't help to see City in dispute with UEFA. Hopefully this will be resolved soon?

2) Finances. It's hard to say. At the next review they will be looking at 2011-12, 2012-13 and 2013-14 so any transfer spending we do this Summer wont be reviewed until 2 years time by which time the £98m loss in 2011-12 will have dropped out of the assessment.

But we don't know if UEFA have a major objection to the Etihad deal.

Maybe the Etihad deal was overvalued in 2011-12, but it can't be now. If anything it's way below market value

mcfc2607 said:

Messi might have to drop his wage demands to come but other than that i think our signings will be pretty reasonable - Sagna would be good on a free, Barry Lescott wages will be freed up, Micah will be worth money Rodwell maybe we can get him out on loan and some of his wages to get picked up

Personally i think we will be ok because i dont see a 30 plus million pounds players coming in

dctid said:
mcfc2607 said:

Messi might have to drop his wage demands to come but other than that i think our signings will be pretty reasonable - Sagna would be good on a free, Barry Lescott wages will be freed up, Micah will be worth money Rodwell maybe we can get him out on loan and some of his wages to get picked up

Personally i think we will be ok because i dont see a 30 plus million pounds players coming in

Huh!!

Its the IP deal as it was sold to some one in abu dhabi I believe. Naive if true as we would have known we would be checked out to the penny!

gh_mcfc said:
bluemoondays said:
Henkeman said:
Expelling City from European football would be....extremely brave. Courageous in fact.

If I understand what people have been posting on this thread, and I am far from legally trained, if they were to ban us and then have the ban overturned by the ECJ we could due them for loss of earning as well as damages. It could conceivably bankrupt EUFA when you add it all up, I guess.

maybe that will end up our intention. . To replace it with a fair and equitable competition. I think we can isolate Arsenel,, rags and bayern in the long run. We need the spanish big boys on ourside plus a few of the the bigger german, french and italain clubs, Surely they will chase the big bucks of a new comp.

A fair and equitable competition in which the winner is the one who has the richest owner? Not the team that has worked best over years and years in sports and management to get where it is...

I guess you all have another definition of fairness...

There is no fairness in sport - there never will be. The club in a small town usually has other possibilities than a bigger club. He just can help himself by being better than a similar club due to a better work. If you want fairness - share every money and put everybody on the same budget. But that for sure would not mean that Manchester City then would be one of the leaders...

The team with the richest backers wins the majority of the time anyway Maldeika and your lot are no different.

Maldeika said:
gh_mcfc said:
bluemoondays said:
If I understand what people have been posting on this thread, and I am far from legally trained, if they were to ban us and then have the ban overturned by the ECJ we could due them for loss of earning as well as damages. It could conceivably bankrupt EUFA when you add it all up, I guess.

maybe that will end up our intention. . To replace it with a fair and equitable competition. I think we can isolate Arsenel,, rags and bayern in the long run. We need the spanish big boys on ourside plus a few of the the bigger german, french and italain clubs, Surely they will chase the big bucks of a new comp.

A fair and equitable competition in which the winner is the one who has the richest owner? Not the team that has worked best over years and years in sports and management to get where it is...

I guess you all have another definition of fairness...

There is no fairness in sport - there never will be. The club in a small town usually has other possibilities than a bigger club. He just can help himself by being better than a similar club due to a better work. If you want fairness - share every money and put everybody on the same budget. But that for sure would not mean that Manchester City then would be one of the leaders...

The CL has distrorted leagues all over the world - qualification for the CL means huge monies for the clubs involved, additonal sponsorship etc etc effectively its a gravy chain that means clubs outside of the CL can never aspire too.

If you really really want fairness then make the CL a knock out half the prize money and spend on grass root football or raise the money of the Europa and only the champions of any league can qualify - that will make things fair but i find it utterely fucking galling that LE Arse, Rags. Pool and Chelski whom were instigators of the CL in its current form whom effectively carved up the monies for themselves talk about organic growth.

Maybe finishing 4th would not been seen as a positive and clubs like Everton, SPuds etc can keep their best players and improve their squads and make football even more competative but realistically the historical sky 4 aint got the fucking balls to support that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.