City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

strongbowholic said:
Still no news then? No journos claiming "sources have said..." on twitter (sorry for being a mothering get but I don't do twitter).

Strangley quiet. It's 3:22pm in Switzerland already and not a murmur.

I've been making my own comments and reading other people's, both here and elsewhere, but the reality is that we are still all very much in the dark over several issue that make it impossible to pass definitive comment

Those who understand the rules are puzzled as to whether it's the IP or the Etihad deals which have created the problem, with both suggestions having flaws (The IP deal came 1 year after the year which affects the ability to write off pre-'10 salaries whilst the Etihad deal is both technically not an RP and at fair value) so until we see that, it's really difficult to speculate

But I senses the real reason for City's frustration is that they have genuinely tried to work within the rules and work with UEFA so we appear to have been royally screwed. The press and in particular, fans of other clubs, are almost universally taking the attitude that we have taken the piss out of FFP with no acknowledgement whatsoever that we have tried to comply - at best, they suggest we have tried to pull a fast one

Our owners will also be at least as concerned about our image if we are seen to have failed FFP as they will be about the actual scale of any penalties. That's why I believe we are refusing to back down and why we will look to take this all the way. If we win, it would probably dismantle FFP. The ramifications would be huge, including for those clubs that have complied when they might have spent differently without FFP being in existence.

So whilst UEFA are incredibly powerful, that may force UEFA to back down in this instance as they can't afford for that to happen

Ironically of course, once we are financially self sufficient (which neutrals seem to dismiss as a real possibility, especially as they seem to just assume the Etihad deal is artificial without actually looking at the numbers), it will suite us for FFP to be in existence as it stops new sugar daddies coming in to other clubs

Without sounding like a total thundercunt, what is this announcement that we are waiting for?

I've not followed this thread too closely and there seems to be a lot of 'talk' but no indications as to what is going to happen

Can someone enlighten me as to whether this announcement is on the sanctions against us ie fine, reduction in CL squad size

chris85mcfc said:
Without sounding like a total thundercunt, what is this announcement that we are waiting for?

I've not followed this thread too closely and there seems to be a lot of 'talk' but no indications as to what is going to happen

Can someone enlighten me as to whether this announcement is on the sanctions against us ie fine, reduction in CL squad size
It's an announcement on whether we've accepted UEFA's findings that we've failed FFP and accept the sanctions they are going give us. If we don't accept them, it will go to something called the "adjudicatory chamber" who will decide what's happening once and for all. If we don't like what they say, then it seems likely City will take them to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).

Great article about FFP

<a class="postlink" href="http://edition.cnn.com/2014/05/09/sport/football/football-financial-fair-play/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://edition.cnn.com/2014/05/09/sport ... index.html</a>

Crabbers said:
KippaxCitizen said:
We should sign Messi, not include him in the Champions League squad and when they moan just say "well, you told us we had reduce our CL squad size to 20 and Messi didn't make the cut"...

See what they say about the best player and a huge marketing tool for the CL not being in the comp!

I'm sure Messi would be up for that!
Tell him we'll give him a £1m bonus if he scores 50 goals for us domaestically!

strongbowholic said:
chris85mcfc said:

It's an announcement on whether we've accepted UEFA's findings that we've failed FFP and accept the sanctions they are going give us. If we don't accept them, it will go to something called the "adjudicatory chamber" who will decide what's happening once and for all. If we don't like what they say, then it seems likely City will take them to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).

Cheers SB. Have UEFA said they are making an announcement today or is it speculation?

chris85mcfc said:
strongbowholic said:
chris85mcfc said:

Cheers SB. Have UEFA said they are making an announcement today or is it speculation?
Not too sure about announcements but we had until Friday last week to complete any negotiations on whether we accept their ruling and reducing the penalties. That deadline has been extended to today apparently so not sure if there will be the kind of announcement we'd like to hear or just news that it is either all sorted or it's going to the next level (adjudicatory chamber) in the process.

KippaxCitizen said:
Crabbers said:
KippaxCitizen said:
We should sign Messi, not include him in the Champions League squad and when they moan just say "well, you told us we had reduce our CL squad size to 20 and Messi didn't make the cut"...

See what they say about the best player and a huge marketing tool for the CL not being in the comp!

I'm sure Messi would be up for that!
Tell him we'll give him a £1m bonus if he scores 50 goals for us domaestically!

3 weeks pay? That'll do it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.