City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

TrueBlue1705 said:
Ducado said:
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
Our owners are not infallible, GDM. And I for one am fucked off with this shit. It stinks (as shit tend to do, admittedly).

Are you forgetting that there is a Legal Challenge to FFP coming up? Why go for all the bother?

Dupont hearing is 2015 as I understand it ...

There you go then, it would take City much longer to challenge it, and there is every chance that he will win, and then it could get interesting

no need to have 8 home grown. the squad will be the same as this year. this year in CL we used 21 players. makes no difference.

adrianr said:
Ducado said:
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
Our owners are not infallible, GDM. And I for one am fucked off with this shit. It stinks (as shit tend to do, admittedly).

Are you forgetting that there is a Legal Challenge to FFP coming up? Why go for all the bother?

Maybe we don't want FFP defeated?

Sensible post. If we're near break even, why would we ?

TrueBlue1705 said:
Chancy Termites said:
From the outset, the Club has engaged with UEFA in its introduction of the Financial Fair Play Regulations in good faith and without prejudice and in a transparent and collaborative manner. The Club’s position is that it is beholden upon UEFA and the European football establishment to ensure the same.

Should we be reading something into this paragraph?

UEFA is bent
It is, but it is our failure to challenge UEFA that is disappointing. Perhaps our case wasn't as legally strong as we were hoping for.

21 players in champs league is not a disaster as long as there is no restriction on home grown etc. the fine is peanuts for the sheik, the 49m cap on this summer isnt great though.....nor the flat wages on this year, we'll have to clear the decks of a few.....if we get mangala and fernando for £40m then sagna on a free, that would be a decent window for us.

So the guy from The Financial Fair Play site was right all along.................. oops!

jimbo101 said:
Really god statement from the club in the OS

Basically we don't want to be seen as the bad guys and take it all the way, so have been negotiating a settlement.
Doesn't look like the terms are too onerous.
10m euros from this seasons CL, same next season then we'll fit whatever crazy test they throw at us.

Think we're really pissed off at UEFA though.
But discretion is the better part of valour.
We've been really classy here.

I love this club.
This... pure class

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.