City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

TrueBlue1705 said:
stony said:
The thing which is pissing me off the most is that accepting this makes us look guilty of wrongdoing, others will call it financial doping and cheating. That doesn't sit well with me.
We know we've done nothing wrong, but the history books will show otherwise.

Agreed and if we take this, the G14 and Gill will think they can move the goalposts again. I don't see anything but trouble for us. Gill and the Chelsea chairman already appear to be posturing to get key control of the Premier League decision makiing process and that could spell even more trouble for us ...
THEY CANNOT TOUCH US IF WE STAY WITHIN A €20M LOSS NEXT YEAR.
Sorry, but everyone seems to be missing that part.

Matty said:
Our official statement, when summarised, basically says:-

1 - We believe we complied with FFP.

2 - We believe UEFA haven't acted transparently, and have been deceitful and prejudiced against us.

3 - Ideally we'd rip UEFA and FFP to pieces in the courts, but that would impact and reflect badly on our partners and sponsors.

4 - We'll accept the punishment, but ultimately most of it doesn't really affect our plans or the way the club will be run.

Spot on.

Looks like a bit of a face saver for both sides imo.

That whole statement is lawyer talk for 'you bunch of cunts UEFA'. On the face of it that seems like an acceptable level of sanction. If you fight too hard they're bent enough to fuck you properly. Good luck Mr Dupont.

We must have some decent sponsorships coming in though if we're confident we're going to break even given that there's the £20m centralisation fees coming out of the books.

Davs 19 said:
adrianr said:
Ducado said:
Are you forgetting that there is a Legal Challenge to FFP coming up? Why go for all the bother?

Maybe we don't want FFP defeated?

Sensible post. If we're near break even, why would we ?

Because we might want to buy Gareth Bale for £80m and from now on, we can’t, because it would move ‘break even’ into an FFP loss.

aguero93:20 said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
stony said:
The thing which is pissing me off the most is that accepting this makes us look guilty of wrongdoing, others will call it financial doping and cheating. That doesn't sit well with me.
We know we've done nothing wrong, but the history books will show otherwise.

Agreed and if we take this, the G14 and Gill will think they can move the goalposts again. I don't see anything but trouble for us. Gill and the Chelsea chairman already appear to be posturing to get key control of the Premier League decision makiing process and that could spell even more trouble for us ...
THEY CANNOT TOUCH US IF WE STAY WITHIN A €20M LOSS NEXT YEAR.
Sorry, but everyone seems to be missing that part.

They've changed the goalposts once, do you think they wouldn't again ?

Dipsis_LTU_MC said:
CityForever45 said:
For what i understand from the club's statement, we can only spend 60 millions of euros this summer, right ?
yes

Plus any income from player sales, Richards and Gudetti will bring in 10M

jimbo101 said:
All this crap about needing 8 homegrown players.
Of you had none, you could still name a squad of 17 in normal circumstances.

Squad restrictions can't come solely off the non homegrown side, surely.

I don't know, but I really like someone to clarify what the composition of the 21 man squad has to be. 8 homegrown would be nearly impossible for us to compete in CL, no restrictions and I think we can manage with 21 players (would need some luck with injuries)

The more I think about it the more it makes sense not challenging the decison.

We can work round the restrictions we have been given, importantly they do not affect our transfer dealings which in all probabilty have already been more or less done and will cmply well within the restrictions.

A legal challenge is already in the system and that wont cost us either money or reputation. If the challenge is upheld we go for UEFA big time. If we had challenged and failed then we really would have our arse in the air for UEFA as well as every other bugger.

Its bad news, but far from it being all doom and gloom.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.