City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

Have any of you remembered one thing?

Come on! ;-)

willipp said:
So Uefa withhold 10 million euros out of this years CL money, that's definite. Squad reduction for CL to 21, no increase in wages and limit of 60 mil on transfers this season plus anything we generate from sales.

If we pass next year what happens? Does all this go away? or do we face further sanctions because of this fail?

The 10m euro "withholding of UEFA money" will be applied for the 2014/15 season too. However we believe we'll be sanction free from next summer onwards.

It seems clearer what has transpired now and why we were upset with UEFA. We had been working on the basis of being able to exclude £80m of player wages in order to comply. That figure always looked high to me but Kieran Connor (aka Swiss Ramble) told me that UEFA had clarified the pre-2010 wages figure by saying that although FFP says that renegotiated contracts were not included, we could exclude any wages paid under those renegotiated contracts in 2011/12 that we would have paid under the old contract.

As an example, if we paid Player A £70k a week and renegotiated that up to £90k a week on or after June 1st 2010, we could still exclude the £70k. The statement seems to imply that they have back-tracked on that, hence we aren't allowed to exclude the £80m but a lesser amount. So that's why we believe they've gone back on their word.

nowantads said:
"The nature of conditions that will result in the lifting of sanctions means that the Club expects to be operating without sanction or restriction at the commencement of the 2015-16 season."

I don't believe this will happen with bent uefa:(

Ah but the club statement requires UEFA to honour their part of the bargain (but not actually written in those terms…) meanwhile the legal challenge will proceed and we'll sue the **** of them at a later date

In my heart I wanted to fight. If we didn't, with our legal resources, then who will?

In my head I thank our owners, for being less of a willful bastard than I am. Few implications if any for our future. Essentially just an announcement that we successfully snuck past the country club's gates right as they were closing.

WTF?

Daniel Geey ‏@FootballLaw 4m
5. City won't be able to spend on new transfers for players playing in their CL squad next season. Exact detail not set out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.