City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

Ducado said:
Tim of the Oak said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
This is a real problem for us now, we need

A No.2 keeper who is homegrown and maybe take a risk with just 2 keepers in CL squad
Kolarov out - Ashley Cole in
Sagna doesn't seem like such a good idea - Maybe need to talk to Richards again about a new contract

Go ahead and try to make a squad of 21 with 8 homegrown players, its very difficult

Is that a WUM about Kolarov out? Our most consistent defender over the season and a useful stand in captain.

I am not sure about the logic of getting rid of our hardest player. It will only mean that we will get kicked about more on the pitch than Uefa have booted us off it.

Of course it's a bloody wind up get a fucking grip

All is calm here. Yesterday's UAE sponsorship deal may well cover this fine.

Anyway, the player restrictions will hopefully give the younger lads like Rekik and Lopes a decent chance of a game here and there.

@BluePhil8 said:
So as I understand it -

£8,000,000 taken from our Champion's League revenue for this season and next season.

Suspended fine of €40,000,000 should we fail to comply in the future.

£50,000,000 limit on transfers this summer on top of player sales which significantly the club have said won't effect us.

The club have accused UEFA of acting in an untransparent way.

The club have said the wage limit won't effect us because our wage bill is decreasing and we only used 21 players in the Champion's League last season anyway?

Also we have made a statement that we expect no sanctions from 15-16 onwards and are still cooperating fully?

I think this is a great compromise.

Great summary.

Its a face saving exercise.

No problem all we have to do now is knuckle down and win it. Backs against the wall with this squad and one or two careful signings this could be our time.

bennyboy said:
Dipsis_LTU_MC said:
CityForever45 said:
For what i understand from the club's statement, we can only spend 60 millions of euros this summer, right ?
yes
Plus transfer fees we take in.

Read it again.

- The Club’s expenditure on new players for the upcoming summer transfer window, on top of income from players it might sell, will be limited to 60m euros. This will have no material impact on the Club’s planned transfer activity.

Ducado said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
stony said:
They've changed the goalposts once, do you think they wouldn't again ?

This all day long. It is clear they have already and they will do it again.
Fuck uefa..fuck the.chumps league..Tv for me next season for that bent competition.
Angry - damn right.Since when did we bend over and take it up the ass??
It fucking stinks.
Rags can go spunk 200 mill with how much debt?
Fuck platini..gill...the **** who died..sorry not classy but bollocks to him.fuck infantino...

Calm down, as someone else has already pointed out they can't change it now they have issued it

Read the Club statement there are lots of underlying messages in it

Sorry mate.Its all bollocks.Now they have us where they want us.
I for one will be an armchair fan for the first time ever in the cl next season.
Its corrupt plain and simple as are these so called measures

Major result in the grand scheme of things

We should have 70/80m to throw at the transfer market which is actually more than we'll need

Fernando and mangala 40m combined, Sagna a free, leaves 40m for 2 over priced home growns

The squad of last year would win the league again as it stands, with those replacements we are stand out favs

City have allowed Uefa the moral high ground and all in all will pay 20m over the next 2 years..... Game on

NB: this is obviously why messi has opted to sign a new contract (:

shinpads said:
Ducado said:
S04 said:
In short... It´s a €20m fine, nothing more, nothing less

If that equates to £9 Million
Not even a fine, just withheld prize money for playing in chimps league, we don't have to write a cheque for it. 10m out of this years and 10m out of next years

but presumably then the £10M each year hits our FFP calculations as it is £10M revenue which we should have received each year but now will not?

Skashion said:
Well, I'm very disappointed. Hope someone else brings it down. Bon chance Jean-Louis Dupont. It would have been nice for it to have been us but regardless FFP still needs to be burned to the ground.

Maybe its a wise move to let someone else fire the bullets? By accepting it, meanwhile, no other clubs can appeal against our sanction.

Clever move. Our wage bill can stay the same as last year - which we clearly want to reduce and we get the 40 million back the year after when the squad restrictions are lifted. We WANT to be in a profitable situation and I bet there are loads of commercial deals lined up. The rags are close to the glass ceiling - we've got bags of opportunity to close the gap.

to put it simple terms ... Man City have to play with both hands tied behind their back next season. will save on yellow cards for elbowing and silly handballs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.