City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

Prestwich_Blue said:
It seems clearer what has transpired now and why we were upset with UEFA. We had been working on the basis of being able to exclude £80m of player wages in order to comply. That figure always looked high to me but Kieran Connor (aka Swiss Ramble) told me that UEFA had clarified the pre-2010 wages figure by saying that although FFP says that renegotiated contracts were not included, we could exclude any wages paid under those renegotiated contracts in 2011/12 that we would have paid under the old contract.

As an example, if we paid Player A £70k a week and renegotiated that up to £90k a week on or after June 1st 2010, we could still exclude the £70k. The statement seems to imply that they have back-tracked on that, hence we aren't allowed to exclude the £80m but a lesser amount. So that's why we believe they've gone back on their word.

Something we believe they've done specifically in order to make a show of City if you read the official sites summary.

This paragraph is particularly telling:-

From the outset, the Club has engaged with UEFA in its introduction of the Financial Fair Play Regulations in good faith and without prejudice and in a transparent and collaborative manner. The Club’s position is that it is beholden upon UEFA and the European football establishment to ensure the same

We're clearing implying that UEFA have not ensured the same.

That's right!

The new BT CL deal will swallow up that £10mill fine.

Restrictions in place for summer 2014 transfer window, but nothing mentioned of the Jan 2015 transfer window??

Am I missing something or is this a self-clarkie??

LoveCity said:
WTF?

Daniel Geey ‏@FootballLaw 4m
5. City won't be able to spend on new transfers for players playing in their CL squad next season. Exact detail not set out.

Where the hell is that? Nothing about that in either statement from City or UEFA.

Impeccable One said:
sickboybloo said:
By accetpting this City are setting up to be arse raped by UEFA every year!

Nope , this agreement includes absolute clarification on calculations for future years. And City will breezes them.
Agree....................................whoever worded the Club Statement should be in politics, as reading between the lines has nothing on it !!
As someone mentioned............................let em' keep face for a while , and we can do what we are planning to do anyway.

jrb said:
That's right!

The new BT CL deal will swallow up that £10mill fine.

It's not till the season after next, which doesn't count for the fine. If anything it's the new PL TV deal that has swallowed up the fine, it's the 60m limit on transfers I don't like, I was hoping we'd add 2 real stars to the squad just to really boost us up, need to keep the squad fresh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.