City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

EalingBlue2 said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
Tim of the Oak said:
The cartel can appeal this mate.

UEFA fine clubs £50k for vicious racism. They have fined us up to £50m (£16m best case scenario) for differences of opinion over accounting methods. Well and truly shafted!!

Of course we can continue to grow but be in no doubt we have been well and truly mugged off.

Agree with this. City owners need to wise up now - We need the best 'spin doctor' money can buy for a start to compete in the media circus and then sue the sh*t out of our accountants who have presumably been paid millions whilst telling our owners all the time that we were on course to pass FFP when they knew all along that we were skating on very thin ice with some of the creative accounting!! .....
Our accountants do this under accounting standards there will be absolutely no reason or any justification to sue them . It is also in our interests that the punishment look harsh then it's hard to appeal and everyone can be self satisfied whilst we go on business as usual

Do people actually have any clue what they are talking about when they say sue our accountants? The answer, by the way, is: "no".

Our accountants are the guys who are employees of the club.

Our auditors are the guys who sign off the stautory accounts as part of a legal requirement that has absolutely nothing to do with FFP.

RandomJ said:
Marvin said:
RandomJ said:
I'm very disappointed City have just decided to bend over and take it. I don't think there would have been many fans out there who would have complained had we decided to take the cunts to court. But now the club has validated FFP and pretty much allowed them to continue to take the piss next season as well. Now we can't strengthen our squad to the level we would have liked so risk being in exactly the same situation we were when we last won the title where we didn't strengthen the squad enough and got left behind.
Easy to say fight UEFA. Think of the implications in terms of the clubs image and the players ambitions of playing in Europe.

Well you could just say to those same players that if we accept the sanctions we are effectively going to the CL with the odds stacked against us. We are now like a boxer going into a title fight with one of our arms tied behind our backs. We now can't sign the world class players other teams can because they are too expensive and we only have a 21 man squad 8 of which need to be home grown. Anyone claiming this as a victory for the club need to take their blue tinted specs off and see we have been well and truly shafted and the club has just rolled over and taken it.

I would actually say we are like a boxer with a chain round our waist and anvil attached, the anvil though is actually made of foam and the chain a light plastic this is barely a punishment as we would have had 22 at best in our squad next year anyway

worsleyweb said:
Does this mean the pies will go up???

Yes and anyone who has signed up to the champion league cup scheme will be in for a shock when city take out £200 for each game ;)

Compromise agreements mean two sides accepting things that are not ideal.

I don't think we can dress this up as anything other than a significant setback. Not a catastrophic one, but a setback nevertheless. It means our ability to sign top players this season is compromised and our ability to progress in the CL next year is hampered once again.

I am not sure UEFA have had to compromise on their position to anything like such an extent. It sounds like we have given in, much more than they have.

Ultimately, we will prevail. But right now this feels like a right kick in the teeth. I feel like an innocent bystander watching a pub brawl. The coppers have stormed in, clouted me around the head and stuffed me in the hack of the van. Now they've said they are prepared to let me off with a caution, for doing nothing. The temptation to smash their fucking faces in, is enormous, but i know i must resist.

strongbowholic said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
chaddblue said:
I'm on a train and pissed. But reading the official city statement it seems we've won, but made to look like uefa have won?
I'm not sure we'd say we've won but it seems like we're relatively unscathed. The sanctions are largely non-sanctions given where we are and our future plans. But they look tough.
and, by accepting the settlement, confirm to the world MCFC cheated by cooking the books.

I am not the most knowledgable on this subject but City were always going to have to reach agreement with UEFA (on what is effectively a way of protecting a cartel). We could fight it and go through the courts but there is no guarantee that we would win and ultimately we do have to be part of the Champions League because this is the ultimate competition.

I am sure our lawyers have weighed up things carefully and negotiated the best settlement for the club.

I think we ought to remember that City agreed to these sanctions and put a statement on the OS which is little short of contemptuous. Yet there are fans on here who appear to lack any trust at all in the Sheikh, in Khaldoon and Ferran. There was no such lack of faith when he was dipping his hand in his pocket! If I had to choose anyone on Bluemoon, or anyone employed by any other PL club or the three people named above, to make decisions for THIS club, guess who I'd choose! So let's just show a little humility and a hell of a lot of trust.

RandomJ said:
Marvin said:
RandomJ said:
I'm very disappointed City have just decided to bend over and take it. I don't think there would have been many fans out there who would have complained had we decided to take the cunts to court. But now the club has validated FFP and pretty much allowed them to continue to take the piss next season as well. Now we can't strengthen our squad to the level we would have liked so risk being in exactly the same situation we were when we last won the title where we didn't strengthen the squad enough and got left behind.
Easy to say fight UEFA. Think of the implications in terms of the clubs image and the players ambitions of playing in Europe.

Well you could just say to those same players that if we accept the sanctions we are effectively going to the CL with the odds stacked against us. We are now like a boxer going into a title fight with one of our arms tied behind our backs. We now can't sign the world class players other teams can because they are too expensive and we only have a 21 man squad 8 of which need to be home grown. Anyone claiming this as a victory for the club need to take their blue tinted specs off and see we have been well and truly shafted and the club has just rolled over and taken it.

When you are a grown up, you learn that you have to negotiate and sometimes, if you are clever, you get what you want without the opposition losing face. That is what we have done. Trust the owners who have delivered so far.

strongbowholic said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
chaddblue said:
I'm on a train and pissed. But reading the official city statement it seems we've won, but made to look like uefa have won?
I'm not sure we'd say we've won but it seems like we're relatively unscathed. The sanctions are largely non-sanctions given where we are and our future plans. But they look tough.
and, by accepting the settlement, confirm to the world MCFC cheated by cooking the books.

If you could point out anywhere that the club admit any wrongdoing that would be great.

It will be interesting to see , now that we have a solid judgment , which sets a legal precedent, how much of this can be used by M. DuPont to illustrate how , far from being a system to protect the financial viability and well being of football clubs, FFP is in fact an obvious system of reducing those very aims .
A club that has done its very best to comply , and which by any standards , is close to attaining those ends ,has been punished !
"Stated aims" will feature heavily in our Belgian friends case , I hope.

Chippy_boy said:
Compromise agreements mean two sides accepting things that are not ideal.

I don't think we can dress this up as anything other than a significant setback. Not a catastrophic one, but a setback nevertheless. It means our ability to sign top players this season is compromised and our ability to progress in the CL next year is hampered once again.

I am not sure UEFA have had ti compromise on their position to anything like such an extent. It sounds like we have given in, much more than they have.

Ultimately, we will prevail. But right now this feels like a right kick in the teeth. I feel like an innocent bystander watching a pub brawl. The coppers have stormed in, clouted him around the head and stuffed me in the hack of the van. Now they've said they are prepared to let me off with a caution, for doing nothing. The temptation to smash their fucking faces in, is enormous, but i know i must resist.

We've already got ouR targets. See Ferran Soriano interview.

Progression through the CL is about the luck of the draw, as much as anything else. We will still have 13 1st players available. The rumour was £50mill. It's down to £20mill over 2 seasons. The new BT CL sponsorship deals starts in 2015. Easy!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.