City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

OB1 said:
EalingBlue2 said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
Agree with this. City owners need to wise up now - We need the best 'spin doctor' money can buy for a start to compete in the media circus and then sue the sh*t out of our accountants who have presumably been paid millions whilst telling our owners all the time that we were on course to pass FFP when they knew all along that we were skating on very thin ice with some of the creative accounting!! .....
Our accountants do this under accounting standards there will be absolutely no reason or any justification to sue them . It is also in our interests that the punishment look harsh then it's hard to appeal and everyone can be self satisfied whilst we go on business as usual

Do people actually have any clue what they are talking about when they say sue our accountants? The answer, by the way, is: "no".

Our accountants are the guys who are employees of the club.

Our auditors are the guys who sign off the stautory accounts as part of a legal requirement that has absolutely nothing to do with FFP.

OK then OB1, we are referring to the consultants who were reported to be involved in developing FFP for UEFA. You know doubt realised that.

If these people (who we reportedly contracted) did not include qualified accountants (and we didn't check their credentials) we deserved to get shafted.

Chippy_boy said:
Compromise agreements mean two sides accepting things that are not ideal.

I don't think we can dress this up as anything other than a significant setback. Not a catastrophic one, but a setback nevertheless. It means our ability to sign top players this season is compromised and our ability to progress in the CL next year is hampered once again.

I am not sure UEFA have had to compromise on their position to anything like such an extent. It sounds like we have given in, much more than they have.

Ultimately, we will prevail. But right now this feels like a right kick in the teeth. I feel like an innocent bystander watching a pub brawl. The coppers have stormed in, clouted me around the head and stuffed me in the hack of the van. Now they've said they are prepared to let me off with a caution, for doing nothing. The temptation to smash their fucking faces in, is enormous, but i know i must resist.

You need to really read what has been written and sleep on it

Here's the regulations on List A and list B:

Conditions for registration: List A
18.08 No club may have more than 25 players on List A during the season, two of whom must be goalkeepers. As a minimum, eight places are reserved exclusively for “locally trained players” and no club may have more than four “association-trained players” listed on these eight places on List A. List A must specify the players who qualify as being “locally trained”, as well as whether they are “club-trained” or “association-trained”. The possible combinations that enable clubs to comply with the List A requirements are set out in Annex VIII.
18.09 A “locally trained player” is either a “club-trained player” or an “association-trained player”.
18.10 A “club-trained player” is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the start of the season during which he turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during which he turns 21), and irrespective of his nationality and age, has been registered with his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons (i.e. a period starting with the first official match of the relevant national championship and ending with the last official match of that relevant national championship) or of 36 months.
18.11 An “association-trained player” is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the start of the season during which the player turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during which the player turns 21), and irrespective of his nationality and age, has been registered with a club or with other clubs affiliated to the same association as that of his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or of 36 months.
18.12 If a club has fewer than eight locally trained players in its squad, then the maximum number of players on List A is reduced accordingly.
18.13 List A has to be submitted by the following fixed deadlines:
a) 25 June 2012 (24.00 CET) for all matches in the first qualifying round;
b) 12 July 2012 (24.00 CET) for all matches in the second qualifying round;
c) 26 July 2012 (24.00 CET) for all matches in the third qualifying round;
d) 13 August 2012 (24.00 CET) for all matches in the play-offs;
e) 3 September 2012 (24.00 CET) for all further matches from the first match
in the group stage up to and including the final.

Conditions for registration: List B
18.16 Each club is entitled to register an unlimited number of players on List B during the season. The list must be submitted by no later than 24.00 CET on the day before the match in question.
18.17 A player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 1991 and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with UEFA. Players aged 16 may be registered on List B if they have been registered with the participating club for the previous two years without interruption.

Last year's squad, with list and HG in bold, was as follows:
A-list
Zabaleta
Kolarov
Fernandinho
Kompany
Nasri
Toure
Aguero
Silva
Demichelis
Jovetic
Negredo
Dzeko
Garcia
Pantilimon
Navas
Hart
Milner
Lescott
Clichy
Boyata
Richards
Nastasic
B-list
Rodwell
Huws

As we've lost Lescott, that's 21 A-list players so if we brought in new A-list, non-home grown players, we'd have to replace someone on that list, which includes 6 home-grown players. However the rules also say you have to reduce the A-list squad if you can't field 8 home-grown players so normally, with a 21-man, A-list squad, you'd only need to have 4 home-grown players. If they apply that the other way round, we could lose 2 players of those 6 (richards & Boyata) and replace them with two non home-grown players. If we need 8, we can promote Rodwell or Huws and use Richard Wright as the second keeper.

Was there a point in time where most City fans became flappers..?

This "punishment" is nothing really.. A one off occasion on the grounds of a technicality for something that happened years ago ffs!

strongbowholic said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
chaddblue said:
I'm on a train and pissed. But reading the official city statement it seems we've won, but made to look like uefa have won?
I'm not sure we'd say we've won but it seems like we're relatively unscathed. The sanctions are largely non-sanctions given where we are and our future plans. But they look tough.
and, by accepting the settlement, confirm to the world MCFC cheated by cooking the books.

Not making a profit is not cheating.

strongbowholic said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
chaddblue said:
I'm on a train and pissed. But reading the official city statement it seems we've won, but made to look like uefa have won?
I'm not sure we'd say we've won but it seems like we're relatively unscathed. The sanctions are largely non-sanctions given where we are and our future plans. But they look tough.
and, by accepting the settlement, confirm to the world MCFC cheated by cooking the books.
No. We. Haven't. We've very subtlely put out a public statement that confirms UEFA are cheating. Calm down mate.

The soap opera club:

This storyline is clearly leading to a City vs United Champions League Final, with Gill, UEFA, and the G14 in one corner and us alone in the other. Alone until all the other clubs realise what a con this all is.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
I think we ought to remember that City agreed to these sanctions and put a statement on the OS which is little short of contemptuous. Yet there are fans on here who appear to lack any trust at all in the Sheikh, in Khaldoon and Ferran. There was no such lack of faith when he was dipping his hand in his pocket! If I had to choose anyone on Bluemoon, or anyone employed by any other PL club or the three people named above, to make decisions for THIS club, guess who I'd choose! So let's just show a little humility and a hell of a lot of trust.

A sensible post amongst the knee jerking.....ta.

jimbo101 said:
posted by someone a few pages back.....

It's not about stopping City.

We have won our battle, but UEFA have won the war.

We are in. We are going to break even. This time next year we will be fully compliant. UEFA have no issue with any of our first party related sponsorships like ETIHAD. We've failed on a wage technicality.

However, now the elite are enshrined. We have just got in in time. Clubs like Tottenham have cheered this all along but when they see United turn around and laugh as they start signing the next Berbatov they will realise how stupid they were to believe United and let United, Arsenal and Liverpool rewrite history to make sugar daddy clubs look like the ones trying to stifle competition.

Quite simply the most on the money post in the whole thread.

The 'outside looking in' clubs who supported this can burn in hell for all I care. We got ours.

LOL The 3 Turkish clubs and Levski Sofia got fined 200k each. It's like we all did a bank job, City and psg got 25 years and they got 3 months. How the fuck have they worked these punishment's out, hopefully some ammo for Mr Dupont in all of this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.