City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

I know fuck all about this matter so I'm burying my head in the sand and waiting to see what transpires

I wish one or two others in the same boat as me would do the same

Prestwich_Blue said:
johnmc said:
johnmc said:
How's this work with regards transfers. I've read we are restricted to £60m in transfers this summer. But from an accounting point of view transfers are amortised so they spread over the length of the contract.

So given that we are judged on ffp on accounts per year ie amortised fees how can tbey restrict the fees we pay this summer as part of the total amount.

A £30m signing over a 3 year contract is more expensive than a £40m signing on a 5 year contract basically in accounting terms.

Prestwich?
Good point and it did cross my mind but it seems clear it's €60m net spend this summer in total. That's £50m plus any incoming revenue from sales.

How would that work though. We are judged on amortised fees. So how can they go off total fees for one summer. What's to stop us signing an agreement with a club to say loan player A until January when we will pay x amount. Plus aren't some fees dependant upon the success of the club? Often see a fee saying it rising if the club win such and such.

Neville Kneville said:
strongbowholic said:
aguero93:20 said:
No. We. Haven't. We've very subtlely put out a public statement that confirms UEFA are cheating. Calm down mate.
Ok, you are walking down the street and a copper stops you and tries to issue you with a spot fine for something you've not done. Do you accept it and in the process confirm your guilt or do you fight your corner and say "sorry plod, see you in court"?

I'm not clever enough to understand the ins and outs of football politics and the subtle nuances of how to play the corridors of power in Nyon so forgive me if my approach is somewhat naive and simplistic. However from where I am sat we've given every **** under the sun license to say "City were fined for failing FFP ergo they cheated, they cooked the books".

UEFA know FFP is fundamentally flawed.

ECA know FFP is fundamentally flawed.

The Premier League know FFP is fundamentally flawed.

City know FFP is fundamentally flawed.

You know FFP is fundamentally flawed.

Even I know FFP is fundamentally flawed.

Why the fuck are we accepting this?

We are NOT accepting guilt. Read the statement.
I've read the statement a number of times and there are fine words for sure. However, as I said the "...accepting guilt..." is implicit from our acceptance of the sanctions, irrespective of fine words on a bloody website.

corky1970 said:
strongbowholic said:
No. We. Haven't. We've very subtlely put out a public statement that confirms UEFA are cheating. Calm down mate.
Ok, you are walking down the street and a copper stops you and tries to issue you with a spot fine for something you've not done. Do you accept it and in the process confirm your guilt or do you fight your corner and say "sorry plod, see you in court"?

I'm not clever enough to understand the ins and outs of football politics and the subtle nuances of how to play the corridors of power in Nyon so forgive me if my approach is somewhat naive and simplistic. However from where I am sat we've given every **** under the sun license to say "City were fined for failing FFP ergo they cheated, they cooked the books".

We'll said mate , fucking makes my blood boil when someone tells you how to think about this, have your own thoughts and be pissed off if you want
I am , big time
Me too. This whole thing is un-fucking-believable, and we've gone along with it.

cmdub said:
Here's this:

symenape.jpg

So there's two clueless fuckers that are supposed to know what they are talking about.

No wonder they call it twatter.

CC1 said:
Chippy_boy said:
Neville Kneville said:
Absolutely this. What the fuck are people moaning about ? People keep going on about us signing these 'top' players.

Ffs, we just won the league & have been targeting certain players since Christmas. That didn't include Ronaldo, it was centre backs, def mids & maybe Sagna, plus the odd kid. Sheikh Mansour doesn't want to spend 100 fucking mil on players every year.

We are in line to sign exactly who we want.

Would it not have been good to get Isco if we wanted to? Or Fabregas perhaps? And we can forget any dreams of Messi or other galacticos for the forseeable future. Not sure how realistic that was anyway. But now we have a situation where other clubs with greater worldwide revenues - scum, real, barca, bayern etc - could spend more than us on transfers and wages. Now we are burdened even further. They can spend even more than us than previously, and they don't have squad restrictions either.

There is no way to dress this up as anything other than a kick in the teeth. Will we live? Yes. But it's still a kick in the teeth.

We can't keep buying up all the players. We have to act like other top clubs and just buy the one or two important players we need each year. We have to keep players happy too - the squad is big enough already

I hear you, but face it we haven't been buying the top players. We haven't signed Neymar, Hulk, Ibra, Cavani, Falcao, Bale, Isco, Hazard. We have bought wisely, and bought players who in the main have punched above their weight. It really fuckin pisses me off that we are a club that can afford these types of players, but we are being stopped from buying them. And now stopped even more so, despite the fact we couldn't buy them in the first place.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, really I don't. I love our players and am happy with the squad in the main. But I just hate cheating twats pushing us around.

Helmet Cole said:
Dear Mr Wenger,
Due to FFP sanctions we will now only be signing your players on a free once their contracts are up. Sorry if this leaves you £70m worse off next year - give our love to Sagna.
Mr Wenger and his pals are well happy tonight

smilingnow_zps724ffcd6.jpg

corky1970 said:
strongbowholic said:

We'll said mate , fucking makes my blood boil when someone tells you how to think about this, have your own thoughts and be pissed off if you want
I am , big time

Exactly. If I see one more person trying to twist this as a victory for the club I'm gonna tear my hair out. It's impossible for it to be a victory for the club because the club has been fucking shafted. And by bending over and taking that shafting every journalist, TV pundit, football fan, man on the street is going to think we cooked the books and are cheats. I'm livid the club has not fought this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.