City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

bluegonads said:
Pam said:
Stop flapping and go to the transfer forum.

ok, will do...but this better be worth it!

I didn't mean there was any big transfer news. But I thinks its defo business as usual this summer.

J4FOW said:
You'd have to be quite the optimist to consider getting your head chopped off in battle to be a victory

I see the point you're making nevertheless
You would have to, I agree, but he also fought more than one war. When he 'won' his famous Pyrrhic victories he was fighting Rome. When he was killed he was busy fighting one of the many Greek civil wars.

Looking at Sky Sports news, there's no report of PSG havung a transfer cap like us - just a fine and squad reduced to 21 players - they apear to have got off lightly for taking the piss out of FFP !!

TrueBlue1705 said:
Looking at Sky Sports news, there's no report of PSG havung a transfer cap like us - just a fine and squad reduced to 21 players - they apear to have got off lightly for taking the piss out of FFP !!

Do you think we need to spend more than £60 mill?

We all know that FFP was a cunning plan to protect the cartel but it's wasted emotion worrying about it.

This is a good result make no mistake about it. The media can make out it's a record fine etc etc and the haters from other clubs can believe that we have got what was coming to us but in reality it's going to affect us very little indeed provided that we are going to break even this year as the club states.

The penny is dropping with the more astute fans on other websites as it is dawning on them that we have got away with it. The only real impact will be a more difficult job in the CL for 1 season, but to be honest I don't see us actually winning it for a couple more years at least any way. The transfer cap and the wage freeze sound draconian but are virtually meaningless. All bar £16m of the "fine" will never happen.

For those saying we should have taken on UEFA I disagree. I understand the emotion but it would have been a huge risk with no certainty of a win. Far better to let the Bosman lawyer take it through the courts as he is doing.

The drawbridge has come up and we are on the inside, this ruling will barely slow us down at all.

Pam said:
bluegonads said:
Pam said:
Stop flapping and go to the transfer forum.

ok, will do...but this better be worth it!

I didn't mean there was any big transfer news. But I thinks its defo business as usual this summer.

If we take the club at its word about "no effect" you'd assume it's essentially the two Porto guys. Unless, of course, we raise any significant funds on outgoing players.

TrueBlue1705 said:

think its the same as ours
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles/Download/OfficialDocument/uefaorg/ClubFinancialControl/02/10/68/99/2106899_DOWNLOAD.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles/Dow ... WNLOAD.pdf</a>

Pam said:
TrueBlue1705 said:

Do you think we need to spend more than £60 mill?

Its £49 plus anything we recoup from sale of players but its not about that. Its the fact that we have been singled out for special attention by UEFA, Gill will be a key person behind this and PSG who have Platini's son on the board have been allowed to take the piss and get off lighly ... Clearly bent!!

Ask yourselves why City aren't arsed about this?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.