City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

Apologies if already posted.

PSG sh*ts on FFP

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-al-khelaifi-says-the-club-will-keep-spending

Paris St Germain president Nasser al-Khelaifi has claimed UEFA's financial fair play ruling against his club will have no impact on the way they operate in the future.

PSG were, alongside Manchester City, handed a 60million euro fine (of which 40million euros is suspended), limitations on next season's Champions League squad, and a transfer spending cap after being found to be in breach of FFP regulations.

However, after several summers of huge spending at the Parc des Princes, Al-Khelaifi claims the penalties will do nothing to stop him signing the players he wants for the club.

"The players that I want, I will have," he said in comments reported by L'Equipe ahead of their final match of the Ligue 1 season at home to Montpellier.

"This changes nothing of the project, the motivation of the club and the players.

We respect and accept this decision. But nothing and no one will stop us, we always dream bigger.

"We had a plan over five years when we bought the club and that will not change. We have already invested a lot in the last three years and we will continue."

PSG fell foul of the FFP regulations due to the out-sized nature of their 200million euro sponsorship deal with the Qatar Tourism Authority, seen as a linked organisation as they are owned by a Qatari sovereign wealth fund.

However, Al-Khelaifi defended the deal.

"Paris deserves a big club which deserves big sponsors," he said. "It is not very difficult, an I expect to see our revenues grow."

Asked about their future recruitment plans, he added: "To be clear, the players that I want, I will have. We have options and perhaps there will be signings this summer."

Al-Khelaifi played down speculation linking PSG with Juventus' young France midfielder Paul Pogba while also saying he did not expect any players to leave.

"Pogba is a great player, he is the future of the France team. But his is not the profile we are looking at for PSG."

There has been speculation in recent days that Leonardo could return to the club as sporting director, a year after he was forced out having received a lengthy ban for pushing a referee.

However, Al-Khelaifi said: "He did a great job, he protected the club, sometimes at the expense of his own interests. I thank him. We shall see but to be honest right now there is no urgency to have a sporting director.

"Anything is possible in football, but honestly, there is no agreement with Leo."

I'm not having a go at anybody in particular here, but i get the impression that a few on here would like to put our sanctions in the worst light as they can. The reason for that seems to be their narrative of agenda and victimhood. Yes, i agree that we haven't done anything wrong and shouldn't have been sanctioned but we are where we are, and where we are is at the top table of European football, about to break even and should be able to go on our merry way as we see fit from next summer onwards.
Small price to pay to get these thundercunts off our backs i would say.

Matty said:
Big Dave Watson said:
So as I understand it they withhold 10M this year and 10M next year. A further 30M will be withheld only if we fail to meet certain conditions. Could we therefore break the transfer limit condition an therefore forfeit the 30M suspended bit? If you see what I mean.

The first 10m is actually withheld from the UEFA prize money from the season we've just had (the 13/14 season), the second 10m will be withheld from the 14/15 prize money. The further sanction/withheld money is 40m euros rather than 30m and will only be applied if we break the transfer spending, or one of the other conditions of our settlement, like the allowable losses figures.
I think you missed my point mate. However, aguero93:20 has answered it in the very next post after yours.

Len Rum said:
George Hannah said:
Ducado said:
It's speculation pure and simple, and you are joining the fray, to be honest you having been on the WUM for a few days now, take this as a hint to desist
Cheers
it's not speculation it's simple arithmetic and if pointing out the elephant in the room to those who haven't noticed it is wumming then do your worst - I'm sure the Sheikh Sneerers etc will be delighted.
SSN now reporting it the same way as the Fail.
On the ' 21 man squad' thread the 13+8 'ers seem to have won the legal argument, so unless we've negotiated something different this doesn't look good and brings into question our acceptance of the sanctions.

Our home grown quota needs looking at if we have to have 8 of them in our squad. Hart, Clichy and Milner make up 3, so we'd need another 5. You'd imagine 1 of the 2 backup keepers will be a homegrown one, whether it's Richard Wright again or not is debateable. We need 4 of the 8 to be club trained home grown players, so we'd probably need to dip into the youth squad for those. Lopes and Huws would seem likely candidates. The limit of 13 none homegrown is going to hinder us, this years squad had:-

Pantillimon
Zabaleta
Kompany
Demichelis
Kolarov
Garcia
Toure
Fernandinho
Nasri
Silva
Navas
Dzeko
Negredo
Aguero
Jovetic

That's 15, even if we assume a couple might move on (potentially Garcia and Pantillimon) it would mean we'd still be at the 13 player limit and any new signings, like potentially Sagna, Fernando and Mangala, wouldn't be able to be added without removing someone first. The limit of just 13 non home grown players is probably the biggest hurdle we'll need to clear in this coming season.

@jay laruja
Good for PSG, they've been hit far worse than anyone else and although I'm not overly fond of the french it would be good to see them and Monaco giving the likes of Real and Bayern a few hidings in the future. Fully expecting a few new Qatari sponsors there soon.

Damocles said:
Chippy_boy said:
Chippy_boy said:
Can anyone explain exactly why we will be working without restriction (regards transfers) in 15/16?

No-one from the great and the good on here seem to be picking this up and answering it.

Is the answer, "we have no idea"?

We will be working without sanctions as the footballing ones are for one season only and the financial ones are dependent on targets that we have no chance of missing

And where did UEFA say that? Genuinely, apologies if I've missed it, but the relevant text I do see says:

The settlement was concluded on 16 May 2014 and covers the three sporting seasons 2013/14, 2014/15 and 2015/16.

and

Manchester City agrees to significantly limit spending in the transfer market for seasons 2014/2015 and 2015/2016.

Unless I am mistaken, it looks to me very much like we do have non-negiable, unconditional transfer spending cap in 15/16 but the club has tried to put a better gloss on it by saying it won't really hinder us, despite that fact that it will. I hope I am wrong, but no-one seems to be able to tell me how and why if I am.

One thing is for sure, FFPR has now killed the truly big money transfer/s, unless it is part or whole funded by a sponsor/sponsorship deal.

If Messi would have been available(he has just signed a new contract), which club could have afforded his £120mill buyout clause and wages?

What it FFPR has stopped, and was probably one of the pillars of FFPR that the cartel clubs wanted and introduced, is that billionaire owners like Sheikh Mansour can no longer use 'their personal wealth' to buy those players, or at least to tempt them.

Make no mistake about it, If FFPR hadn't been brought in, Sheikh Mansour and City would have tried to sign Messi, as (transfer and wage) money wouldn't have been a problem.

Chippy_boy said:
Damocles said:
Chippy_boy said:
No-one from the great and the good on here seem to be picking this up and answering it.

Is the answer, "we have no idea"?

We will be working without sanctions as the footballing ones are for one season only and the financial ones are dependent on targets that we have no chance of missing

And where did UEFA say that? Genuinely, apologies if I've missed it, but the relevant text I do see says:

The settlement was concluded on 16 May 2014 and covers the three sporting seasons 2013/14, 2014/15 and 2015/16.

and

Manchester City agrees to significantly limit spending in the transfer market for seasons 2014/2015 and 2015/2016.

Unless I am mistaken, it looks to me very much like we do have non-negiable, unconditional transfer spending cap in 15/16 but the club has tried to put a better gloss on it by saying it won't really hinder us, despite that fact that it will. I hope I am wrong, but no-one seems to be able to tell me how and why if I am.
I don't think you are mistaken, that's exactly how I read it as well.

jrb said:
One thing is for sure, FFPR has now killed the truly big money transfer/s, unless it is part or whole funded by a sponsor/sponsorship deal.

If Messi would have been available(he has just signed a new contract), which club could have afforded his £120mill buyout clause and wages?

What it FFPR has stopped, and was probably one of the pillars of FFPR that the cartel clubs wanted and introduced, is that billionaire owners like Sheikh Mansour can no longer use 'their personal wealth' to buy those players, or at least to tempt them.

Make no mistake about it, If FFPR hadn't been brought in, Sheikh Mansour and City would have tried to sign Messi, as (transfer and wage) money wouldn't have been a problem.

The big money transfers will still happen but the clubs able to do them will be limited to three maybe four

It preserves the current elite, maintains the status quo and crucially now means that no other team can do a City or PSG

Competative football in Europe will stagnate as the same old teams continue to rwach finals and semi finals

dctid said:
jrb said:

The big money transfers will still happen but the clubs able to do them will be limited to three maybe four

It preserves the current elite, maintains the status quo and crucially now means that no other team can do a City or PSG

Competative football in Europe will stagnate as the same old teams continue to rwach finals and semi finals
The value and wages of these big money will either drop, stagnate or not rise as much because there will be a smaller pool of potential buyers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.