City fined over £2m by PL | Sanction agreed for 22 breaches relating to ko delays

One of those games, Brighton(h) in October 2023 was when we had to do a mandatory minute silence for the terrorist attack in Israel.

Meanwhile, we'd lost a club legend in Francis Lee that week and we had to rush through the tribute to him after that silence. For me, the league should have given us leeway on that. Especially when we saw the stuff that was done for Bobby Charlton a week later.

The rest are fair game. Can't say I've noticed the ones at the beginning of the game but the 2nd half ones are sometimes very noticeable. And there's no need for it at all. Play with feathers, get your arse tickled.

We probably haven't wasted any more time nor delayed any game longer than the time wasting bastards who turn up as oppo goalies. It smacks a little of the PL realising that the 115 charges are built on the same stuff as the Golden Mile at Blackpool so they need to screw us for a few bob to make up for the US tv giants kicking off when they don't get their two PL games in the US.

Fair enough. I only come on here occasionally so threads are normally into the 1000s of posts by the time I see them. And as a City fan based in Bath (because of the Tony Book link) I can't really get involved in them anyway even if I have time to read all the posts. The only thread I try to keep on top of is the new kit related one.

This one, though, seemed worth a comment or two, even if it did go against the general consensus. Had we stopped doing after the Palace match then we'd have got a warning and nothing would have ever been heard about it.

For what it is worth, it seems to me Pep didn't care about how long his HT talks took and the club was happy to indulge him for two seasons, but finally realised that, with the fines increasing for each offence, they had to admit guilt and pay up.

That said, if the fines now get reset, I could see them doing it again next season.

And I am fucking funny at parties - just never get invited to them nowadays.
Serious question (not wumming you); in the last 16 years, we've lived through the most momentous period in our history. We've experienced times we couldn't even dare dream about when we moved into the City of Manchester Stadium (as it was then). I'd have killed for one domestic cup back then. Yet, by your own admission, you only come on here occasionally. I haven't yet checked your post history yet (that won't take long), but I'm guessing you haven't made a single post celebrating our achievements. Now; there's no rule saying that a poster has to contribute x posts a month, so you haven't done anything wrong. I just find it very suspicious. And I can't honestly see you being a City fan. Why did you bother signing up 17 years ago, only to not take an active part? If your intention was only ever to read the forum, you can do that without registering.

*edit* As I suspected, nothing prior to last May.

Not saying they do.

The bottom line is, if we, or other clubs have not adhered to this rule, the consequences will follow.

There’ll be other clubs in the same boat mate. It just won’t be sensationalised like it has with us.
Name them.

Not necessarily if other clubs are not treated the same. For example a rags fixture against the dippers didn't even take place on the day it should have. Did they receive a fine? What happens if the PL themselves cause a delay? I remember a game against Everton in 22/23 when the second half was delayed for a few minutes because the officials equipment wasn't working properly. Are City the only club with delays? I'd be very surprised if that was the case, so where are the fines for others?
We can only compare like for like. The examples you give, especially the rags (who twice had a game.postponed) are definitely worth action being taken against them, but is a different situation to ours. It's like a drunk driver asking why isn't the driver of a car with one headlight out not being pulled over.

“The Premier League appreciates that changing room environments, both pre-match and at half-time, can be challenging.
“However, the commercial and editorial costs to the Premier League’s broadcasting partners, together with associated damage to the Premier League’s reputation, mean that kick-off delays, including following half-time, are a real issue.
“If persistent and left unchecked, [these] threaten its relationships with its broadcasting partners and, in turn, the Premier League’s ability to monetise the rights in the broadcast of matches to the best of its ability, which it does in the financial interests of all clubs.”

The above is from the PL's judgment when Palace were fined last season. So it's really all about Sky whinging about disruption to their schedules, what a bunch of fannies. If you had any doubt that football had sold itself to the TV companies, that statement from the PL is solid proof.

Reactions: BTH

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.