City Football Group (CFG) buy into Chinese club Sichuan Jiuniu FC (from Chengdu)

Wonder why we buying a third tier team?
Location, Location, Location.

Its an important City in China, with approx 15m people, and no major football team to compete against. I'd expect them to get to the Super League pretty quickly with our inevitable investment.

As its the hub for several Chinese Airlines I'd also expect direct flights to Manchester to be announced at some point too, although not necessarily on Wednesday.

For reference, Espanyol signed a Chinese player in January and viewing figures of Espanyol games have gone from 600k to over 50m.

Location, Location, Location.

Its an important City in China, with approx 15m people, and no major football team to compete against. I'd expect them to get to the Super League pretty quickly with our inevitable investment.

As its the hub for several Chinese Airlines I'd also expect direct flights to Manchester to be announced at some point too, although not necessarily on Wednesday.

For reference, Espanyol signed a Chinese player in January and viewing figures of Espanyol games have gone from 600k to over 50m.

what? 15m people...? wow

what? 15m people...? wow
The population of the administrative region of Chengdu was 14.4m in 2010, so realistically its going to be considerably higher than 15m now.

Urban population of Chengdu was 10.1m in 2010, and its reasonable to assume that has significantly increased too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.