City Football Group (CFG) buy into Chinese club Sichuan Jiuniu FC (from Chengdu)

After a little research, it turns out there is another team from Chengdu competing in the same League in the upcoming season.

The team we are buying will likely be renamed to Chengdu City FC, but amusingly, the other team in the city are called Chengdu Better City FC. Not named like that in advance of competing against our club, but because they are owned by "Chengdu Better City Investment Group".

This sounds ok but have we signed a noodle partner yet ? we can't be classed as massive unless we have one of them.

After a little research, it turns out there is another team from Chengdu competing in the same League in the upcoming season.

The team we are buying will likely be renamed to Chengdu City FC, but amusingly, the other team in the city are called Chengdu Better City FC. Not named like that in advance of competing against our club, but because they are owned by "Chengdu Better City Investment Group".
They'll be singing 'City,There's only one City' before we know it.

The difference is we are in their competition in europe, we being City, so they can make the rules.

They have no jurisdiction in China, or anywhere else outside europe.

Where is the City Group based? Pretty sure it’s in Europe. That gives them plenty of jurisdiction over how that business operates.

Mark my words mate.

Location, Location, Location.

Its an important City in China, with approx 15m people, and no major football team to compete against. I'd expect them to get to the Super League pretty quickly with our inevitable investment.

As its the hub for several Chinese Airlines I'd also expect direct flights to Manchester to be announced at some point too, although not necessarily on Wednesday.

For reference, Espanyol signed a Chinese player in January and viewing figures of Espanyol games have gone from 600k to over 50m.

50m ?! source ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.