City Football Group | Secure $650m loan facility for infrastructure projects (p 54)

Hopefully this will fasttrack the north stand redevelopment but I'm always a little sceptical about these private equity firms who are just in it for the money. With ADUG, you get the sense that they're in it to create a world class club on and off the pitch too.

I know what you mean but it is only a minority stake.

It's not like Mansour is short of cash to expand the stadium if he wanted to.

Maybe i'll be wrong, but I suspect this is probably not going to mean much to Manchester City or City fans on a day to day basis, just like the 300m from China didn't change anything.

A good sign that the plan is working though, and maybe it'll open up some silicon valley money on the sponsorship side.

Do you think Sheiikh Mansour will continue to divest chunks of Man City shares?

Of course it has a knock on effect for all as well.

Seen an Australian Journalist mention that even if Melbourne City are only 1% of CFG it makes them the richest football club in Australia.

Last edited:
But what does it all mean??
I think we're all thinking that. My instant reaction is Sheikh Mansour is getting ever richer, and it makes no practical difference to Man City. Proves I guess the viability of the CFG. I never really got the international aspect of the CFG. I guess there are synergies. The valuation on CFG, and by implication on MCFC is huge. But we're just a little club

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.