City Football Group | Secure $650m loan facility for infrastructure projects (p 54)

Nothing happened in regards to the football when Chinese Media Capital bought 15% of CIty.

Doesn't this news suggest very strongly that City know that UEFA are not about to kill us?
Yes, seems likely.

I think this sort of deal would happen anyway, even if UEFA kill us (Sammy Lee suggested recently they wont), this deal puts us in the elite of the elite.
I know what Sam Lee sauggested but he's only 1 journalist. I don't think the deal changes anything. It's more recognition of City's worth. It doesn't mean City have £500m to spend in the transfer market, or £500m to spend on the stadium. It means the Sheikh is even richer.

What do you think about my point that this reflects City confidence in the UEFA investigation? I doubt an investment like this occurs if City are about to get hammered by UEFA. That would put City under a lot of pressure just when Pep was about to leave City. That would be high risk. This suggests stongly that the buyer is confident of City's risks.

This in combination with a few things that have happened recently would certainly suggest there'll be no big punishment from UEFA (Sammy Lee article, Ceferin invited as a guest of honour, wouldn't want to say for sure though).

I'm also hoping it might mean a Pep contract extension on the horizon.

$500m? Just enough to buy United's debt and then call it in.
What do you think PB? ANy practical changes for Man City. I'm thinking not...just affirmation of viability of CFG business model which isn't really of mch practical consequence.

Do you agree this suggests UEFA ban is less likely? Suggests to me that investor has been reassured it's not on the cards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.