City Football Group | Secure $650m loan facility for infrastructure projects (p 54)

But but but, its all fake. Alan Green still worrying about what happens when the bored sheik leaves his plaything behind.
And to think that when Soriano put this idea to the Barca board, they turned their noses up at it.
Next stop, world domination. What tricks have UEFA got left to stop us now?
Suck that, motherfuckers!

Nothing happened in regards to the football when Chinese Media Capital bought 15% of CIty.

Doesn't this news suggest very strongly that City know that UEFA are not about to kill us?

Do we know how many shares they bought (% wise)? I'm assuming roughly 10%
Quoting from the FT:

"The US private equity firm is buying more than 10 per cent of City Football Group at a valuation of $4.8bn, injecting new capital into the Abu Dhabi-controlled organisation that owns Manchester City and affiliated teams in the US and China, according to several people with knowledge of the deal."

So in ball park figures Sheikh Mansour has invested about 1.2 Billion and now sold 23% of CFG for 800M. Which effectively means he has spent 400M on an asset that is valued at around 3.7 billion. This put a huge hole in every sports washing theory/article that has been put forward.

I don't think it will make much difference in the day to day running of City. But the sale combined with Ceferin attending tonight's game and the Uefa investigation is coming to an end should mean that the volatile media coverage of the last year is lessened.

Nothing happened in regards to the football when Chinese Media Capital bought 15% of CIty.

Doesn't this news suggest very strongly that City know that UEFA are not about to kill us?

I think this sort of deal would happen anyway, even if UEFA kill us (Sammy Lee suggested recently they wont), this deal puts us in the elite of the elite (if we weren't there already).

Assuming all the figures in the FT article are correct then they've bought 10.4% (ish).
What do you think about my point that this reflects City confidence in the UEFA investigation? I doubt an investment like this occurs if City are about to get hammered by UEFA. That would put City under a lot of pressure just when Pep was about to leave City. That would be high risk. This suggests stongly that the buyer is confident of City's risks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.