City Football Group Sign Worldwide Deal with SAP

Interesting that people say they was no investment in training. I used to work for a company that had SAP training as one of it's core products. £1,000 per seat/per day, max 10 people. Was the best thing I ever sold in my life. Had people queuing up for it.

What I'm surprised about is that nobody has thought about the implications for a ticket holder. Your data will now be stored and unless you pay cash for any purchase this can link your season ticket to your credit/debit card. In effect MCFC will know all your buying habits.

You might think this sounds a bit like "Big Brother" no, not the shite awfull TV series but the novel, but using this software it is quite feasible that when you swipe your card there is Burger and chips with a pint waiting for you by the time you get to your seat based on your previous purchases.

What Real Madrid are doing with Microsoft in this space is a nod towards the latter. Predictive and pre-emptive analytics. Ingesting all kinds of RM data sets - CRM system, social media/listening, store sales, ticket information etc and then using Machine Learning to detect patterns in behaviour. The below is a crude example but shows you

Through ML you know that a supporter who reads a particular article on the OS, follows Benzema on Twitter and is 60% more likely to add letters/numbers to his new shirt order, thus potentially worth an extra £10 to the club.

Now you can create a marketing campaign that segments those users who do all of the above but read the article, with the call to action of the campaign getting them to view the article.

City are facing a problem that pretty much all service based companies out there are facing now; the Big Data problem. Not just in the customer facing part but in their technical player analysis and recruitment, they have reams and reams and reams of data but no way of making any sense of it or using it in a way to improve their business.

This is a move in the right direction regarding utilising some of that data and turning it into information which somebody can use to better understand something.
It's like playing Kersplunk.

AS I said on another thread before this one appeared:
Guaranteed to be over budget, over time and customised out of existence (using lots and lots of consultants costing ££££££) - lets hope they're paying for it.
And if SAP have anything to do with it the platform will be so over specified and will cost a fortune to maintain as it will be ticking over at 5% CPU max.
That said HANA is OK as an analytics platform (nothing special though as it's really an in-memory relational database with Analytic Module ad-ons) but JAM as a collaboration/integration portal is pretty neat (and strangely it being SAP I actually like it a lot).

(This is my day job as an Enterprise Architect BTW)

Last edited:
City are facing a problem that pretty much all service based companies out there are facing now; the Big Data problem. Not just in the customer facing part but in their technical player analysis and recruitment, they have reams and reams and reams of data but no way of making any sense of it or using it in a way to improve their business.

This is a move in the right direction regarding utilising some of that data and turning it into information which somebody can use to better understand something.

Come on Damo, you are better than that.

You really think that some ERP software will have a place in deciding player analysis and recruitment.

Poor effort.

What Real Madrid are doing with Microsoft in this space is a nod towards the latter. Predictive and pre-emptive analytics. Ingesting all kinds of RM data sets - CRM system, social media/listening, store sales, ticket information etc and then using Machine Learning to detect patterns in behaviour. The below is a crude example but shows you

Through ML you know that a supporter who reads a particular article on the OS, follows Benzema on Twitter and is 60% more likely to add letters/numbers to his new shirt order, thus potentially worth an extra £10 to the club.

Now you can create a marketing campaign that segments those users who do all of the above but read the article, with the call to action of the campaign getting them to view the article.

Alleluah.

Exactly what I mean.

Little known fact. 85% of the companies that go to SAP to move off of another platform while within 18 months of go-live will replace the person that made the decision to go with SAP. It isn't bad if you have no previous system that can be used as a reference point. I've worked (and currently still do) for 2 of the companies that did just that. Went to SAP, spent about 15 times the original estimate for roll-out and took about 10 times longer than the original estimate. Finally get it up and going, switch to it and then magically, the CIO is gone. Might be fired, might step down, never really know. I have a friend that goes around and works on SAP installations. He told me that it is always so sad to sit in the meetings with the CIO of the companies. Starts off so happy and you slowly see the person wear down into a bitter shell of a human being.

Come on Damo, you are better than that.

You really think that some ERP software will have a place in deciding player analysis and recruitment.

Poor effort.

No, I think ERP software will organise the data in such a way whereby it will allow the professionals to better decide player analysis and recruitment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.