City Galactico era

Totally bizarre thread. If anything signing Gvardiol highlights were pursuing top young talents who will develop further in the game.

Grealish was not even a regular for England and had a promotion to his name only. He is not even anywhere near a Galactico now.

Haaland had a huge reputation but that is it really.
Haaland ?? Reputation only ?? Fuck off...

Haaland ?? Reputation only ?? Fuck off...

So you dont get upset. Were talking about a players superstar (Galatico) status, hence the mention of Haalands reputation rather than his ability as a player.

Lots of great players, I would consider, are not Galacticos. For example, from the period the term derived, David Beckham was considered a ‘Galatico’ but arguably players like Paul Scholes/Roy Keane were not even though they were much better players.

The reference ‘but that is it really’ is to infer you could argue Haaland might be one but Grealish and Gvardiol are not.

I agree on that, he’s a fantastic young talent, certainly not a galactico, Grealish certainly isn’t

Spoken to a Bradford/Bristol City and Arsenal fan yesterday and not one had heard of him. As you say a great young player but has not had a long enough career, played for a high profile club or cultivated a social media profile to make himself known to your average fan to make him a superstar. To me that is a good thing.

Last edited:
That Real Madrid Galacticos team from 2000-2006 won just:
2 La Ligas
0 Copa deal Reys
1 Champions League

In a six year period when they were supposedly building the greatest side ever in football and inflating the transfer market and wages beyond anything seen before in a bigger jump from anything seen before (when you consider football inflation), that was an extremely disappointing return.
Yet you never see that really mentioned by anybody ever.

Jackie boy is on everything, everyone wants to be jack Grealish.

Yes but his profile is going through the roof as since he signed for City he has won a treble, become an England regular, become a 100m pound player and based on our success his ‘celebrations’ have become very newsworthy. When he signed his profile was completely different.

Spoken to a Bradford/Bristol City and Arsenal fan yesterday and not one had heard of him. As you say a great young player but has not had a long enough career, played for a high profile club or cultivated a social media profile to make himself known to your average fan to make him a superstar. To me that is a good thing.
So you spoke to three people that have never picked up a newspaper or read a football forum over the last 3 months or didn't even watch the world cup, where this unknown man stood out from the crowd as he was wearing a bloody big black mask on his face, while finishing third.

Amazing

I suggest that says more about those three people than Gvardiol being an unknown player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.