City Galactico era

So you spoke to three people that have never picked up a newspaper or read a football forum over the last 3 months or didn't even watch the world cup, where this unknown man stood out from the crowd as he was wearing a bloody big black mask on his face, while finishing third.

Amazing

I suggest that says more about those three people than Gvardiol being an unknown player.
tbf until we were linked with him recently he was not a name I even remembered from any games I have seen seen him in, we see hundreds of footballers each season I couldn't name or specifically remember them all, and it will be the same for mamy fans.

Unless they are world renound , exceptional or regulararly linked to your club in some way most fans won't remember or know many players, for exapmle I have no clue who villa are after or have bought or brentford or spurs etc, if I have read on line. (don't read the papers anymore) about a transfer not to do with us I have soon forgotten as I don't care what others do, bar my bertiness towards the rags which compels me to laugh at them and remember who the next **** at the swamp is.

There is a discussion to be had here about whether our players are 'Galaticos' or just that they fit Pep's system.

Ronaldo (s), Zidane, Figo, the one trick pony who could only cross a ball, Bale, Higuain etc could all perform and stand out in any team. Very few of our best players have left us in our prime, so it's nigh on impossible to prove they would have shone elsewhere in a different set up.

As for Josko, he's a kid. Leave him alone for a season or two eh! Then decide. History tells us he's going to be either just ok or have major feck ups for the first 18 months. It won't mean he's no good.

So you spoke to three people that have never picked up a newspaper or read a football forum over the last 3 months or didn't even watch the world cup, where this unknown man stood out from the crowd as he was wearing a bloody big black mask on his face, while finishing third.

Amazing

I suggest that says more about those three people than Gvardiol being an unknown player.

Oh dear. Were talking about stating Gvardiol is a galactico. The fans I was talking to were more concerned with Nigel Pearson, defeat to Crawley and the rigours of the lower leagues.

Yes maybe if I mentioned the guy wearing a black mask at the World cup it might have pricked their consciousness but, even if did, it would hardly push him into the ‘Galatico’ bracket. It seems a strange argument to say he is a Galatico or in my opinion something he should aspire to. Rather him just be the best player possible and avoid the fanfare and the celebrity nonsense which comes with it.

Rodri is probably the perfect example of this. Arguably the best defensive midfielder in the world, but outside the majority of football fans could probably walk around unnoticed.

Last edited:
tbf until we were linked with him recently he was not a name I even remembered from any games I have seen seen him in, we see hundreds of footballers each season I couldn't name or specifically remember them all, and it will be the same for mamy fans.

Unless they are world renound , exceptional or regulararly linked to your club in some way most fans won't remember or know many players, for exapmle I have no clue who villa are after or have bought or brentford or spurs etc, if I have read on line. (don't read the papers anymore) about a transfer not to do with us I have soon forgotten as I don't care what others do, bar my bertiness towards the rags which compels me to laugh at them and remember who the next **** at the swamp is.

Great post and honesty. I knew very little about him bar his mask and his performances at the World Cup, but then I only really took special interest as I knew he would potentially be a target for City. You see so many games and players its impossible to have real knowledge of them. Case in point being Florian Wirtz, never seen him play once or if I have I cannot remember.

Amazing

To be fair, I knew a little of Gvardiol before and knew he scored against us in the CL Ro16 first leg, but it didn’t register with me until I saw the highlights the day after that he played against us in the second leg.

I didn’t notice him or think of him beforehand to notice him.

To be fair, I knew a little of Gvardiol before and knew he scored against us in the CL Ro16 first leg, but it didn’t register with me until I saw the highlights the day after that he played against us in the second leg.

I didn’t notice him or think of him beforehand to notice him.
I thought he had been on our radar right from when he was a youth tbh.
Also, as a football manager player, he has been on lots of radars as a wonderkid, which may make me a saddo lol
Still not arsed that 3 random other team fans didn't know who he was, there were football pundits claiming they hadn't heard of Yaya and David Silva ffs

I thought he had been on our radar right from when he was a youth tbh.
Also, as a football manager player, he has been on lots of radars as a wonderkid, which may make me a saddo lol
Still not arsed that 3 random other team fans didn't know who he was, there were football pundits claiming they hadn't heard of Yaya and David Silva ffs
There is no reason to be arsed. They were not saying it to have a dig, just like some posters on here never really knew of him, as fans of lower league clubs there is little reason this player would be on there radar. Similarly they were talking about Dean Windass son and I never knew he was at Sheff Weds.

It was not a slight and the only reason for mentioning it was to suggest he is not yet a Galactico with all the attention that typically comes with.

Some people say they haven't heard of Gvardiol before the CL tie. If I am not mistaken, World Cup is the most popular football event in the world, and Gvardiol was brilliant for Croatia, so I think most would have heard of him. He was excellent throughout.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.