City Games Saved on Your Virgin/Sky Boxes?

trevorcitytilidie said:
I really don't know what I would do without my DVD recorder which is connected to my TIVO. I have probably become a bit obsessive and have tried to keep every game City have drawn or won on disc. Also the great thing about Tivo is the Youtube App so have been making monthly compilations of City TV off there as well and also found the full Gornik final on there which I've transferred to DVD - The house is getting rather full

mrxmb7.jpg

fucking hell Trevor!!!

trevorcitytilidie said:
I really don't know what I would do without my DVD recorder which is connected to my TIVO. I have probably become a bit obsessive and have tried to keep every game City have drawn or won on disc. Also the great thing about Tivo is the Youtube App so have been making monthly compilations of City TV off there as well and also found the full Gornik final on there which I've transferred to DVD - The house is getting rather full

mrxmb7.jpg

Can you record off youtube on Tivo straight to DVD ??

malg said:
OK, bit of a hijack going on here. I cancelled Sky recently. I had to have it where I lived previously as no cable was available, and not being a fan of the company I cancelled it the minute I got the chance. Anyway my wife took up the BT TV package along with the Broadband, and my God it was simply fucking awful. How in God's name they get away with charging what they do for what is in essence a freeview box is beyond me. Anyway I managed to get it cancelled, but now need another option. Anyone out there on Virgin care to tell me how good/bad the service is? I'm ready to go firm on ordering it online, but would like to know what you Bluemooners think of it.

Found it strange at first as the channels are all different from skys, so in the beginning it took a fair bit of navigating.
Broadband is a million times better, even when we were on the 10mbps we got 9.5 download speed. (upgraded since and it gets doubled for free next month)

On demand and catchup tv are brilliant and free if you subscribe to the xl package ( same as the full sky world package)

V+ box/tivo are the same as sky+ hd, and the standard hd package is free (extra for sport & movies)

eSPN comes for free ( inc hd)

On the whole i now find virgin miles better than sky, help desk calls are free and are quick to refund/subsidise your bill for faults.

And i dont even work for virgin.

BringBackSwales said:
trevorcitytilidie said:

mrxmb7.jpg

fucking hell Trevor!!!
thought the gornik game was deleted.if you have the full game i would like to watch it.

Pagie Jnr said:
trevorcitytilidie said:

mrxmb7.jpg

Can you record off youtube on Tivo straight to DVD ??

Yeah no problem whatsoever

chedinho said:
BringBackSwales said:
trevorcitytilidie said:

mrxmb7.jpg

fucking hell Trevor!!!
thought the gornik game was deleted.if you have the full game i would like to watch it.

no its still on youtube - I'm burning a few dvds this weekend - if you want a copy pm me - not looking to really make any money out of it so shall we say £2 - you can pay by paypal or I can send it to you and if your happy with it just send us the cash

Got the qpr game and 1-0 derby, all the other games were on my old virgins box which I no longer have as I'm now on sky.

Going to order the season dvd off Amazon. Does anyone know of this is just extended highlights or every complete game?

Not too sure what's on the official dvd but I've got all the City related build up to the QPR game from Sky Sports - the full game including all the post match celebrations and trophy presentation (sky sports) - all the Match of the day coverage and punditry and also most of the coverage of the open top bus parade from Sky Sports news over 2 DVDs about 4.5 hours of coverage.... priceless

LongLang said:
malg said:
OK, bit of a hijack going on here. I cancelled Sky recently. I had to have it where I lived previously as no cable was available, and not being a fan of the company I cancelled it the minute I got the chance. Anyway my wife took up the BT TV package along with the Broadband, and my God it was simply fucking awful. How in God's name they get away with charging what they do for what is in essence a freeview box is beyond me. Anyway I managed to get it cancelled, but now need another option. Anyone out there on Virgin care to tell me how good/bad the service is? I'm ready to go firm on ordering it online, but would like to know what you Bluemooners think of it.

Found it strange at first as the channels are all different from skys, so in the beginning it took a fair bit of navigating.
Broadband is a million times better, even when we were on the 10mbps we got 9.5 download speed. (upgraded since and it gets doubled for free next month)

On demand and catchup tv are brilliant and free if you subscribe to the xl package ( same as the full sky world package)

V+ box/tivo are the same as sky+ hd, and the standard hd package is free (extra for sport & movies)

eSPN comes for free ( inc hd)

On the whole i now find virgin miles better than sky, help desk calls are free and are quick to refund/subsidise your bill for faults.

And i dont even work for virgin.

Agree with all this as well, have been with Virgin for a few years, broadband via cable is excellent and service is good. They even phoned me a year ago to tell me there was a better deal available for less cost.

At the beginning of the season I thought it could be a bit of a special one, so I recorded each game. Those not on live I got the 60 minutes Sky highlights on match choice. I ended up with thirty five league matches and every other match except the Brum League Cup game, which I will be getting soon. Typically the 6-1 is one of the ones I don't have as it randomly disappeared from my hard drive.

I'm a bit of an anorak when it comes to football dvds, and have a large collection of international matches from the 70s, 80s, and 90s, but this past year City seem to have taken over the collection.

Noticed someone asked about the CWC Final against Gornik. The chap I get many of my dvds from has the 2nd leg of the semi-final against Schalke for sale, though it is a German recording with German commentary. Still a good City collectors item.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.freewebs.com/footballontap/ecwcfootball.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.freewebs.com/footballontap/ecwcfootball.htm</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.