City Games Saved on Your Virgin/Sky Boxes?

OK, bit of a hijack going on here. I cancelled Sky recently. I had to have it where I lived previously as no cable was available, and not being a fan of the company I cancelled it the minute I got the chance. Anyway my wife took up the BT TV package along with the Broadband, and my God it was simply fucking awful. How in God's name they get away with charging what they do for what is in essence a freeview box is beyond me. Anyway I managed to get it cancelled, but now need another option. Anyone out there on Virgin care to tell me how good/bad the service is? I'm ready to go firm on ordering it online, but would like to know what you Bluemooners think of it.

I have the ss package and all tv chans, no movie packs because they are crap.
I love it, the online tv stuff is good although i rarely use it but it is a nice setup they have.

Broadband is second to none.

blue b4 the moon said:
Got a few games on my box but the memory is filling up with them.

Is there an easy way to move them to disc?

Connect a DVD recorder ( or other) using scart lead to the Sky box then connect the recorder to TV play he game and record at the same time

sick swan & qpr. had to reluctantly delete the home derby and newcastle away as the memory was getting full and the missus was whingeing about wanting to record a full series of come dine with me.

not really (the last bit about come dine with me).

if you have a pc/laptop able to take hdmi input download a bit of software called replay video on the 30 day trial watch all your shit on the pc\laptop afterall its good viewing and record to full dvd at your leisure.

Obviously their are other ways and illegal ways of doing this but sticking a legal one on here as its public.

Its what i did when ditching sky.

Just cancelled sky sports because it's a pile of shit in the summer...
They told me everything in my planner what has been recorded from sky sports will be deleted...fucking gutted

bluebrother55 said:
I've got the full 4 hours of the QPR coverage on HD saved. Takes up a lot of memory though.

yeah ditto. also got MOTD from the final sunday but between the two of them taking up a bit of space. Not a prob as long as the missus aint watching her stuff so she cant say anything

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.