City Glory Hunters

I'm all for more fans filling the stadium as long as they add to the atmos and have the same love for my team.

As for glory hunter's, even I could be classed as one as I only started following city in 2003 and have NEVER been to Main Road.

Supporters of when we were down in Division 2 could easily ask where we were when we were sh!t!!!!!

CTID

Yeah its likely we will attract glory hunters, worst type of "fans" if you asked me, but its inevitable I suppose, especially when your team is doing well

I think a lot of winning would have to happen before people start taking City as the sure bet to win trophies year in and year out.

Either way, I would welcome a few more people in the states to be down to talk about City over some beers at the bar.

I can understand being upset at glory hunters if they are hogging all the tickets and not allowing die hard City supporters to watch the games live and in person... but that's definitely not the case yet. I flew over to watch City play Arsenal last season and the stadium was nowhere near filled to capacity.

Until last year I went my whole life without witnessing a Philadelphia team win a championship. If glory hunters start following the Phillies and spend their money going to the games, buying the merch, and visiting and spending cash in the city.. I'd be all for that.

Like it or not fella, it is indeed a symbol of the rag status around the world, and within 5 - 10 years it will be exactly the same for us.

Anyone who is not up for the glory times ahead and some collateral downsides, then it may be time to look elsewhere. City are coming and its like an unstopable juggernaut.

And there is nothing to say that the new geberation of fans will be any less passionate than we are now.[/quote]

Yes there is, i have about 13 years of hurt all build up inside, and there are many more reading this thread that have double and more, the glory hunters will not be aware of the heart ache many of the rest of us have suffered

CTID

masterwig said:
*singingtheblues* said:
I was walking down the street with my mum as a little nipper proudly wearing my City shirt, and a bloke walking past stopped myself and my mum. He let it be known he was a blue and made a big fuss of me, promised City would do me proud one day and that my loyalty would all be worth it.

He just wanted to slip her one.

Very predictable...

*shakes head*

;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.