City Have Bookies Running for Cover

SUPA SKUNK said:
25/1 still worth a quid...
If you think 25/1 is worth a quid, why not put £1 on City not to lose v Newcastle, then put the winnings of that on us not to lose v Liverpool etc., you'd make hundreds if not thousands if it came off and it's the same bet, plus you could "walk away" with your winnings at any point if you didn't fancy us to avoid defeat in the next match.
If we're 1/4 to avoid defeat in each match then that strategy brings in over £400, don't know much about betting so I dunno if 1/4 is a realistic average (sounds pretty poor odds to me).

marl0we said:
SUPA SKUNK said:
If you think 25/1 is worth a quid, why not put £1 on City not to lose v Newcastle, then put the winnings of that on us not to lose v Liverpool etc., you'd make hundreds if not thousands if it came off and it's the same bet, plus you could "walk away" with your winnings at any point if you didn't fancy us to avoid defeat in the next match.
If we're 1/4 to avoid defeat in each match then that strategy brings in over £400, don't know much about betting so I dunno if 1/4 is a realistic average (sounds pretty poor odds to me).
]
A lot of things wrong with your post mate,using your method you wouldnt even reach £20 & your going on about hundreds & thousands......

BringBackSwales said:
de niro said:
Don't waste your money, the refs will be told to find us a defeat. We have avoided it so far because we are scoring goals for fun, the first tight 0-0 and we'll face a last minute pen.

this is just paranoia - why does every time think that every ref is against them? Yes Atwell was utterly shit and mnainly one way but that was a one off

What about Atwell sending off Zaba for fuck all last season vs Arsenal, when Sagna put his head into him... Zaba did nothing and got sent off... Atwell doesnt seem to like us OR he is shite, either way he shouldnt be reffing at the top level...

I agree that most other refs are just poor rather than being biased in anyway...

The cookie monster said:
marl0we said:
SUPA SKUNK said:
]
A lot of things wrong with your post mate,using your method you wouldnt even reach £20 & your going on about hundreds & thousands......
It would, 1/4 odds is the same as getting 1.25 times your state, you do that twice and it's 1.25*1.25, three times it's 1.25^3 etc, 27 matches left gives you 1.25^27=£413 from the original £1 bet. The only problem with my method is I don't know if 1/4 is a reasonable price for a City/draw double chance bet.

marl0we said:
SUPA SKUNK said:
We wont' be 1/4 on average though, if we take the next two games looking at Ladbrokes odds were 1/50 to not lose against Newcastle and about 1/3 to lose against Liverpool.

de niro said:
Don't waste your money, the refs will be told to find us a defeat. We have avoided it so far because we are scoring goals for fun, the first tight 0-0 and we'll face a last minute pen.

The levels of Paranoia on bluemoon these days are frightening. Or should I say embarrassing!

Other than rags and Spurs we havent really played anyone yet that I wouldnt have expected us to beat or draw against.

If we had done a predict the first 11 games I would have put us down for defeat at rags, draw at Spurs and at home to Everton. I would have expected us to win the rest.

The games against Pool/Chelsea away and Arsenal at home are tough and I would expect us to lose one of those. If we dont I really will start to believe

bluesmith said:
marl0we said:
SUPA SKUNK said:
We wont' be 1/4 on average though, if we take the next two games looking at Ladbrokes odds were 1/50 to not lose against Newcastle and about 1/3 to lose against Liverpool.
Alright, as I say I don't know much about gambling. If that method only fetches £20 then betting is for chumps. But that would mean that 25/1 is pretty reasonable odds, or at least no more of a rip of than a normal bet.
(Also, oddschecker tells me you can get 1/16 for the Newcastle match with bwin, so just don't use Ladbrokes.)

marl0we said:
The cookie monster said:
marl0we said:
]
It would, 1/4 odds is the same as getting 1.25 times your state, you do that twice and it's 1.25*1.25, three times it's 1.25^3 etc, 27 matches left gives you 1.25^27=£413 from the original £1 bet. The only problem with my method is I don't know if 1/4 is a reasonable price for a City/draw double chance bet.
I dont know where you are getting these prices from,we are 1/12
in most high street bookies to avoid defeat against newcastle,other
matches we will be 1/20-1/33 granted shite teams at home...but we
are even 1/10 to avoid defeat at most away games..its only the big
teams where we will be more generous...and as match by match go's
& we remain unbeaten we will be a more ludicrous price as games go
on....If we are unbeaten after the chelsea match the 25/1 will become
6/1-8/1....

The cookie monster said:
marl0we said:
SUPA SKUNK said:
]

Using Betfair you could get a lot better odds than are being touted that would run into hundreds by the end of the year easily I think

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.