City "have made the PL uncompetitive"

The uncompetitive jibe would have weight if the likes of United, Chelsea, Arsenal et al hadn't spent 100's of millions over the last few years. Two of the aforementioned clubs are ostensibly midtable. Want to compete? Start spending your money smartly. Uncompetitive doesn't enter it, incompetence does.

It's why the "Pep is only good manager because of money argument" is also facile. If I ask a supermarket cashier and a mechanical engineer to build a new car engine, and give them £10 million each to build it, who is building the better car engine?

If we’d been winning the league by 15 points every year, it maybe a valid opinion.

But we’ve won it four times out of seven on the very last day of the season. Once by 2 points. Twice by 1 point and once on goal difference.

You can’t get much more competitive than that.

just done a quick back of fag packet calculation. in 30 odd years of the premier league 13 times the winner has had 5 or less points than second place. out of our 7 premier league title 5 of them have been won with 5 points of less and even on goal
difference

out of the rags 13 premier league titles 5 of those were won with 5 or less points
the others being Blackburn, Arsenal and Chelsea.

So if we are dominating the league why have so many of our titles gone to the wire.

Plus you also have to remember that rags, arsenal and to some extent chelsea only had each other as title contenders while we have had to deal with these teams and greatest football squad ever assembled on a shoestring by the great taction klopp.

I don’t give a fuck about all jealousy all I know is City are Champions of the World now that’s the truth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.