City "have made the PL uncompetitive"

I hope when we get cleared we go on and do a Bayern and win title after title, year after year, and more scousers on RAWK get to say such nonsense as ‘that’s it. I’m done with the game I once loved’. Akin to some young jilted mum saying ‘fuckin had enough, it’s just me and the kids from now on’
“Fuming. DMs only”

Arsenal joined the first division in 1919; Liverpool in 1896; and Manchester United in 1892.

From 1900 (the first of the three to win a league title), those three clubs have won 42% of league titles. If you take it over the last fifty years, the league has been won 30 times by one of those three clubs - 60% of league titles. The idea of historical competitiveness is folly, and it's no wonder those teams are the driving forces behind damaging us.

Last edited:
It always seems to be fans of clubs like Arsenal and Liverpool who cry the loudest about how unfair the world is.

These are clubs that are amongst the richest and have the biggest spending power in the world. They never seem too concerned about the advantage they have over 99% + of the world’s football clubs.

If it was Burnley or Sheff. United fans complaining that they just can’t possibly compete, I’d be inclined to agree. But those type of clubs generally just seem to accept their place in the pecking order and make do as best they can without too much fuss.

get the violin out ffs - absolutely embarrassing

So they have taken 4 points from us this season, but it is our fault and the leagues fault that they shit the bed at some point during the other 36 games?? Boo-fucking-hoo... If you cant win the league after being undefeated against us, the problem is closer to home fuckwit

Ahh applying the "Celtic" method of determining champions.

They beat us, so that means they beat the champions, which makes them champions. Otherwise, boo hoo, unfair, I don't wanna play anoymore.

Some of this generation of football fans are truly fucking pathetic at times.

Absolute bitter nonsense this.

In the PL era before we won the league the rags had won 12/19 league titles. We've won 7/12 up to this season so straight off the bat it's been more competitive. Add in the fact that in that period of rag dominance you had Arsenal (3), Chelsea (3) and Blackburn as the only other league winners compared to the Rags(1), Dippers (1), Leicester (1) and Chelsea (2) in the period we've won 7.

We've had much better title races as well. Beating the rags on goal difference. Beating Liverpool to win it on the final day three times. Battling Arsenal last season and again this time around, where three teams have been in it until a week ago.

I'm not bored of us winning it yet, and I'm sure if you ask plenty of non-red shirt fans they'd still prefer us to win it over the others.

If the PL is uncompetitive that's not City's fault. Pep Guardiola inherited a team and a squad which had just edged the rags out of 4th place on goal difference and was one of the oldest in the division. While Pep has concentrated on building and refreshing the squad and developing a style of play which has proved dominant other clubs have have become fixated on (literally) red herrings of finance and have hidden behind ridiculous accusations of cheating while spending lavishly on strikers who can't shoot straight and defenders who don't know which goal they are to defend and which to attack. If the prl is uncompetitive they are to blame for forgetting that the game being played is football, not moneyball. Our friend from norf Landan needs to realise that to win the PL you have to be the best, whether that's near perfect or not. So buck your ideas up if your not happy about things.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.