City Head To China Preseason.

SWP's back said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
So Garry Cook has gone and our pre season USA trips are gone, no surprise there
Don't be so sure, remember the season it starting 2 weeks later than normal next year so there would be more than enough time to do both.
You're joking? Oh fuck. I hate no City games.

fuckity fuckity fuck
didn t know this.... with the euros..... ah man i can feel the cold turkey kicking in already!

des hardi said:
SWP's back said:
Don't be so sure, remember the season it starting 2 weeks later than normal next year so there would be more than enough time to do both.

fuckity fuckity fuck
didn t know this.... with the euros..... ah man i can feel the cold turkey kicking in already!
Its to do with the Olympics they didn't want any major events conflicting with it.

des hardi said:
SWP's back said:

fuckity fuckity fuck
Its to do with the Olympics they didn't want any major events conflicting with it.

Then why not start the Olympics 2 weeks earlier ;)

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
des hardi said:

Hay.....if it was up to me I wouldn't even bother with it!!

Premier League start postponed for 2012 Olympics - Community Shield mid week and 'not at Wembley'

Posted on 09-07-2010 02:28:37 AM (GMT +00:00)
Published By declan@thelondondailynews.com

The start of the Premier League season is set to be pushed back to accommodate the 2012 Olympics.

The London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games confirmed that the kick-off for the 2012-13 championship will be moved to avoid clashing with the last weekend of the international event.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
des hardi said:

Better still why did London even get the Olympics? It is gonna be a bit sh*t.<br /><br />-- Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:21 pm --<br /><br />
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
des hardi said:

Mad Eyed Screamer said:

Premier League start postponed for 2012 Olympics - Community Shield mid week and 'not at Wembley'

The start of the Premier League season is set to be pushed back to accommodate the 2012 Olympics.

The London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games confirmed that the kick-off for the 2012-13 championship will be moved to avoid clashing with the last weekend of the international event.
The Community Shield is to be held at Villa Park on Sunday 12th August. The Premier League kicks off Saturday 18th August

Solid Silva said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:

The Community Shield is to be held at Villa Park on Sunday 12th August. The Premier League kicks off Saturday 18th August
so the Community Shield is pushed back to the 2nd weekend in the month and the season to the 3rd...... so basically just a week

Solid Silva said:

so the Community Shield is pushed back to the 2nd weekend in the month and the season to the 3rd...... so basically just a week

Its basically 5 days later than this season

I don't know about China, but NEVER EVER have a pre-season here in Thailand. All the teams that did it, their season went to shi*t. The latest victim is Chelski.

This is a 100% sure-fire way to flush your season down the toilet.

If anyone has any contact with City, you need to warn them of this fact.

Even though it'll hurt me not to see City in person. T_T

MC ID said:
Are we going to just China or the likes of Japan too?

I wonder how many Chinese supporters we have, when you consider we used to have the likes of Sun Jihai combined with our new status in the world I wouldn't be surprised to see a few knocking about.

I am from China living in Lincoln. I started 'supporting' City when Sun Jihai was signed, but admittedly, I have never been to a City game (in fact any English football game). Since then I have been following City via TV and more importantly Bluemoon. Over the years, I have learned the history of the Club, the players, the sentiment, the humor with self-deprecation and of course the hatred (towards the other team). The thing I appreciate the most is the 'exclusiveness', i.e. City is supported by the local Manchester people in the times of high and low. However, this is also the 'thing' that put me off. I could go to one or two game as 'a good weekend break', but the City culture I have developed myself would not allow me to do this. In addition, I would not like to be 'looked' as a tourist. In a sense, I wish City did not have the money and we struggled in the league as we always did so I can 'indulge' myself in the mood of frustration, despair, blaming and self-deprecation. So that I can shamelessly claim that I am no glory hunter.

I don't think these 'good' days will never come back and definitely there will be more Chinese people 'jump the bandwagon'. However, this 'exclusive' culture (at least I have experienced on Bluemoon) will definitely put off people like me to become a fan. To become a 'big' club at the international level, there is something need to be done outside the games. Maybe something similar to the exploitation of 'Munich' incident and their 'never say never' attitude.

Anyway, I hope one day I can move to live closer to Manchester so that I can become a 'proper' supporter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.