City in Abu Dhabi (Updates)

mansour's tow ropes said:
Just realised today how highly the club rates Guidetti, they didn't even take him on this trip. A bizarre end to what looked like a promising city career.

I think this Stoke City loan was like a final trial to see if he was top Prem quality. Unfortunatly Sparky hardly gave him a game and we never got to see either way.

Having said that, we can't keep him here if he isn't going to play, so I think nows the time to move him on permenantly, for his own careers sake! Its a shame, but maybe he would come back in 3-4 years a better player for it?

I saw a clip of mansour's son leading the players around training, and I think he came on the pitch before the friendly game. Whilst something feels a tiny bit uncomfortable about this, it's also a damn good thing for City, if mansour's heir (and it appears, apple of his eye) is City daft.

"What do you want for Christmas, Little Boss? Just say and it will be yours"
"Dad, I want the Champions league"

Didsbury Dave said:
I saw a clip of mansour's son leading the players around training, and I think he came on the pitch before the friendly game. Whilst something feels a tiny bit uncomfortable about this, it's also a damn good thing for City, if mansour's heir (and it appears, apple of his eye) is City daft.

I understand what you mean by uncomfortable, but I think it is a modern reaction to what once was a very natural course. Although it has generally gone out of vogue in most Western countries, training your sons and daughters (though, the latter is unlikely in this case—one of the less than pleasant things about our ownership) in your profession or vocation is still practiced in baking, cooking, carpentry, plumbing, etc. It used to be much more prevalent for management and entrepreneurship, as well, but schools of higher learning slowly took that role (for better and worse). It was not uncommon to see a lad of nine helping his father with the books or watching the register at the family business. It was an apprenticeship and legacy development wrapped into one. There were certainly issues with the practice (most troublesome being forced child labor and/or when the offspring did not want to follow in their father/mother's footsteps) but generally I thinks there is a real need for a responsible version that has been forgotten.

I enjoy seeing the lad running about, both experiencing childhood and learning the ropes. It will hopefully give him fond memories and help him discover his talents and abilities for the future.

Ade & Ko. said:
SebastianBlue said:
917119_408799729261579_291598644_n.jpg

Am I the only one that thinks he looks very much like Ferran?

Personally, I think he has a touch of the Claudio Reyna about him.

cf.ashx

I suppose a mix of the two.

SebastianBlue said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I understand what you mean by uncomfortable, but I think it is a modern reaction to what once was a very natural course. Although it has generally gone out of vogue in most Western countries, training your sons and daughters (though, the latter is unlikely in this case—one of the less than pleasant things about our ownership) in your profession or vocation is still practiced in baking, cooking, carpentry, plumbing, etc. It used to be much more prevalent for management and entrepreneurship, as well, but schools of higher learning slowly took that role (for better and worse). It was not uncommon to see a lad of nine helping his father with the books or watching the register at the family business. It was an apprenticeship and legacy development wrapped into one. There were certainly issues with the practice (most troublesome being forced child labor and/or when the offspring did not want to follow in their father/mother's footsteps) but generally I thinks there is a real need for a responsible version that has been forgotten.

I enjoy seeing the lad running about, both experiencing childhood and learning the ropes. It will hopefully give him fond memories and help him discover his talents and abilities for the future.

It's more the fact that he's doing it with City that feels a bit odd. Slight whiff of the "rich man's plaything" cliche I suppose.

Don't get me wrong. I'd rather it was this lad than Peter Swales or Franny bloody Lee ;-)

Didsbury Dave said:
SebastianBlue said:
Didsbury Dave said:

It's more the fact that he's doing it with City that feels a bit odd. Slight whiff of the "rich man's plaything" cliche I suppose.

Don't get me wrong. I'd rather it was this lad than Peter Swales or Franny bloody Lee ;-)

Slight whiff!

Didsbury Dave said:

"What do you want for Christmas son?"
"Lionel Messi please Pops"
"But Son, he has just signed a new contract with Barcelona"
"But Dad, you've got more billions than Lionel has had hot dinners, DO IT"

Didsbury Dave said:

feeling a bit uncomfortable with your new "Wholesome Dave" image? Back on form here with a bang. The idea that the Sheikh's investment in us was just a "vanity purchase" is a crude and nasty slur tbh.

George Hannah said:
I think Manuel said on the OS that no world cup picks will be playing today - so if Lescott didn't train and is out it could be

Pantilimon
Richards
Boyata
Nastasic
Clichy
Nasri
Rodwell
Garcia
Kolarov
Jovetic
Lopes

subs - Wright, Huws, Hiwula etc
That was a very good guess - George. Kolorov was captain and played in LB position. Pants started and Wright came on at H/T. Boyota andNasty played CH's. Clichy came on later and Kolorov was pushed forward. Lopes took his goal well. Highlights on official website.

George Hannah said:
Didsbury Dave said:

feeling a bit uncomfortable with your new "Wholesome Dave" image? Back on form here with a bang. The idea that the Sheikh's investment in us was just a "vanity purchase" is a crude and nasty slur tbh.
So is the implication that Soriano and Begiristain are a pair of useless clowns but that doesn't stop you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.