CITY IN EUROPE POZNAN AWAY

bluesteve1964 said:
allan harper said:
6 of us going Via Berlin......
5 of us on Easyjet out of Liverpool to Berlin late weds afternoon. Night in Berlin then Poznan on train next day. Anyone sorted bars for Berlin on weds night. I think there are a few Blues doing the same route should be a good night.

Yep, me and the missus doing exactly the same. weds night in berlin, thurs night in poznan, fly back on Fri night.

Ruhr said:
There are two irish pubs in that part of berlin, if you like that kind of stuff. The Oscar Wilde at Friedrichstraße/Oranienburger Crossing.

Cheers Ruhr. When in Dusseldorf for the Schalke match the first bar we went in was an Irish bar and it was the worst one we went in on the whole trip (and we tried a few). Can't see the point of going to a country with some of the best beers in the world and ending up in a bar that you can find ten of in any English city centre.
Are there any squares or areas with a few decent German bars to sample the local brews?
We are staying quite close to the main station so somewhere within staggering distance would be good.

Berlin is not like most cities in the fact that it doesnt really have a centre it has four main areas and unlike most German cities there are no real squares.
We are staying in the Berlin Mitte area on the Tuesday night and I dont think we'll stray too far from there.
One thing for certain is you will find somewhere to drink all night if you need to and the beer will not disappoint - stay on the German stuff though its much better.

bluesteve1964 said:
There are two irish pubs in that part of berlin, if you like that kind of stuff. The Oscar Wilde at Friedrichstraße/Oranienburger Crossing.

Cheers Ruhr. When in Dusseldorf for the Schalke match the first bar we went in was an Irish bar and it was the worst one we went in on the whole trip (and we tried a few). Can't see the point of going to a country with some of the best beers in the world and ending up in a bar that you can find ten of in any English city centre.

and the beer is more expensive than the german. Yes, you are right, it was just because i remembered a lot of you ending up in that Dortmund irish pub

bluesteve1964 said:
Are there any squares or areas with a few decent German bars to sample the local brews?
We are staying quite close to the main station so somewhere within staggering distance would be good.
Berlin has 7 pub districts. At the central station there are only the riverside outdoor bars. But November is not the time to sit at the river.
Strandbar600.jpg

Where exactly do you stay?

Ruhr said:
Where exactly do you stay?

I'm staying in Hotel-Pension Elegia the address is Niebuhrstr. 74, Charlottenburg. Is there anywhere decent around there?

oops, that´s not near the central station (which is near Reichstag and Brandenburg Gate), it is at the old Zoo station in the heart of old West-Berlin.

yes, there are a lot of pubs and cafes around Savignyplatz, Knesebeckstraße, Kantstraße (spoken "c.nt"), indian food in Grolmanstraße, the Paris Bar, where the movie stars meet. That is all just one or two streets away

Ruhr said:
oops, that´s not near the central station (which is near Reichstag and Brandenburg Gate), it is at the old Zoo station in the heart of old West-Berlin.

yes, there are a lot of pubs and cafes around Savignyplatz, Knesebeckstraße, Kantstraße (spoken "c.nt"), indian food in Grolmanstraße, the Paris Bar, where the movie stars meet. That is all just one or two streets away

So would a bar in this area be a good place for City fans to meet or would you suggest somewhere else?

greenie said:
So, how many blocks we got then? About 6 up to now I think?

Got my ticket today L1 ticket office said we'd been sent nearly 2000 tickets from them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.