CITY IN EUROPE POZNAN AWAY

DortmundDummy said:
MrsB said:
When do you travel to Poznan ?
Arrive Berlin tuesday night (9ish) not sure what to do yet, I may have a wander around near the main station,close to the Brandenburg gate, then get a train if there is one in the early hours to `Poznan weds morning`....

if worst comes to worst mate, could always go around shop windows looking to dress a couple of dummys ;)

tasker said:
DortmundDummy said:
Did anyone watch the Lech Poznan V Krackov match, great second half, 4-1 to Lech, lots of empty seats though ? Still a noisy bunch, its gonna be immense....... bring it on.
i watched a little bit, i wouldnt say there was loads off empty seats, probly had over 40,000 there?. i would be surprised if it isnt a sell out on thursday
I hope it is a sell out on thursday, it`ll be an electric atmosphere. Not too sure about being over 40,000 there today, it wasn`t just a few seats empty here and there, there were whole blocks empty, maybe to do with it being a new ground `elf n bleedin safety` an all that. Think `Bulgarska st` said capacity is 43,000.<br /><br />-- Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:37 pm --<br /><br />
DannyBoy2890 said:
DortmundDummy said:
Arrive Berlin tuesday night (9ish) not sure what to do yet, I may have a wander around near the main station,close to the Brandenburg gate, then get a train if there is one in the early hours to `Poznan weds morning`....

if worst comes to worst mate, could always go around shop windows looking to dress a couple of dummys ;)
I`ll take a spare City shirt just incase any more shop owners displays need `smartening up` ;)) BTW you and the lads scared the shit out of us when you jumped us in the street in Dusseldorf, funny as F**k though, and what a great night after, couldn`t speak for days after all the singing.

was a top night mate. had to be done when we clocked your city shirt ;)
I don't think we would be welcome back Into that irish bar again.

Hi guys
I`m not necessarily a Lech fan but I really enjoyed all this atmosphere that game has created along City Fans (and Lech fanatics also).
It`s good to see that you really can`t wait for departure to our beautifull country :)
So I give you couple advices that I belive can be usefull during your trip:

TRAINS
Express InterCity (EIC)- best category of domestic trains, air-conditioned cars with or without compartments, reservation only, really good standard. There is no need to buy 1st class on EIC cause diffrence between 1st and 2nd ist`t remarkable. You are getting complimentary hot drink (tea or coffee) and the biscuit on both classes. You also gettin free daily newspapers but as long as you not familiar with our language they are pretty useless, don`t they? :)
Please note that EIC operates only during the day (no overnight trains in this category)

Tanie Linie kolejowe (TLK)-much cheaper and of course lower standard but much wider network than EIC, reservation only on 1st class and only on request (other words: you can buy 1st class ticket without resevation and have a seat in 1st class but you must vacate your seat if someone got the reservation on this particular seat- quite dodgy but but for peace of mind you can spare 10PLN for reservation)
Some overnight TLK`s trains are equiped with sleeping cars. There are two categories of sleeper cars:
-kuszetka (sleeping compartments), accomodating 4 or 6 people in compartment, it`s cheaper than
-wagon sypialny (compartments with a sleeping berth) accomodating 3,2 or 1 (single) person in compartment, compartment also includes sink, water, wardrobe and a welcome pack, usually in a shape of hot drink and cookie/croissant. You can also buy hot drinks and snacks at any time from the conductor (no no no... only soft drinks- you must be supplied with alcohol BEFORE you board the train).
Please note that reservation for both "wagon sypialny" and "kuszetka" is compulsory.
The general rule for sleepers is that you pay for 2nd class ticket for your route plus fixed price for place in sleeping car. Reservation for "kuszetka" 6 person compartment is 60PLN per head, "kuszetka" 4 person is 70PLN per head, "sypialny" 3 person compartment is 80PLN per head, "sypialny" double is 140PLN per head and single is 270PLN.
Sleeping cars is the most comfortable and safest way to travel overnight. There is lock in every compartment and you can lock yourself and your pals so even if you get very drunk you won`t be lost ;)
If you travelling during the night in no-sleeping cars be aware of pickpockets, stick to the group- especially when you decide to do shopping on the stations etc. and do not leave your stuff unatended but i think that`s the general precaution around the world.
Do not take alcohol from accidental people in your train also (i know that be tempting but it won`t be sensible at the same time)
In my opinion there are no other safety threats, espacially when you`re in a group.

EuroCity, BWE (Berlin-Warszawa Express)- international trains operating during the day, reservation is compulsory, standard high, may be pricey if not booked in advance

EuroNight- highest standard of international overnight trains, reservation compulsory

TAXI
Always take a RADIO TAXI- with clearly visible phone number and company name on the dors/windows. Did you notice dodgy taxi with only small plate "taxi" on the roof? Avoid, run away, give up! As you can be charged even 10x more than you should :)
You won`t have any problem with finding good one. They are cheap (comparing to uk prices) and quick (taxi drivers dont giva a s*it about rules) but don`t be affraid- they safe :)
And there are a lot of taxis around airports, train stations, malls and city centres.
The hackney style taxi are not popular in Poland (you may find couple of them in Warsaw). Usually there are Mercedes, Skoda, Audi and Ford combis and sedans.

CAR HIRE
Remember- you drive on the right! :) And be aware that drivers here are not that courteous as those in UK. Be carefull and have your eyes all around your head.
But take your time and admire the views behind the windows because some of them you won`t find in your homeland for sure.
Petrol is little bit cheaper than UK (4,50-4,80 PLN per liter)

OK, that`s in brief. If you have any more detailed questions- do not hesitate :)
And have fun and don`t be affraid of troubles- If you`re not looking for them you won`t find them in Poznan- i`m absolutely sure.

PS. greetings from Glasgow from one of those who took your joarbs ha ha ;)

UltraPoland said:
Hi guys
I`m not necessarily a Lech fan but I really enjoyed all this atmosphere that game has created along City Fans (and Lech fanatics also).
It`s good to see that you really can`t wait for departure to our beautifull country :)
So I give you couple advices that I belive can be usefull during your trip:

TRAINS
Express InterCity (EIC)- best category of domestic trains, air-conditioned cars with or without compartments, reservation only, really good standard. There is no need to buy 1st class on EIC cause diffrence between 1st and 2nd ist`t remarkable. You are getting complimentary hot drink (tea or coffee) and the biscuit on both classes. You also gettin free daily newspapers but as long as you not familiar with our language they are pretty useless, don`t they? :)
Please note that EIC operates only during the day (no overnight trains in this category)

Tanie Linie kolejowe (TLK)-much cheaper and of course lower standard but much wider network than EIC, reservation only on 1st class and only on request (other words: you can buy 1st class ticket without resevation and have a seat in 1st class but you must vacate your seat if someone got the reservation on this particular seat- quite dodgy but but for peace of mind you can spare 10PLN for reservation)
Some overnight TLK`s trains are equiped with sleeping cars. There are two categories of sleeper cars:
-kuszetka (sleeping compartments), accomodating 4 or 6 people in compartment, it`s cheaper than
-wagon sypialny (compartments with a sleeping berth) accomodating 3,2 or 1 (single) person in compartment, compartment also includes sink, water, wardrobe and a welcome pack, usually in a shape of hot drink and cookie/croissant. You can also buy hot drinks and snacks at any time from the conductor (no no no... only soft drinks- you must be supplied with alcohol BEFORE you board the train).
Please note that reservation for both "wagon sypialny" and "kuszetka" is compulsory.
The general rule for sleepers is that you pay for 2nd class ticket for your route plus fixed price for place in sleeping car. Reservation for "kuszetka" 6 person compartment is 60PLN per head, "kuszetka" 4 person is 70PLN per head, "sypialny" 3 person compartment is 80PLN per head, "sypialny" double is 140PLN per head and single is 270PLN.
Sleeping cars is the most comfortable and safest way to travel overnight. There is lock in every compartment and you can lock yourself and your pals so even if you get very drunk you won`t be lost ;)
If you travelling during the night in no-sleeping cars be aware of pickpockets, stick to the group- especially when you decide to do shopping on the stations etc. and do not leave your stuff unatended but i think that`s the general precaution around the world.
Do not take alcohol from accidental people in your train also (i know that be tempting but it won`t be sensible at the same time)
In my opinion there are no other safety threats, espacially when you`re in a group.

EuroCity, BWE (Berlin-Warszawa Express)- international trains operating during the day, reservation is compulsory, standard high, may be pricey if not booked in advance

EuroNight- highest standard of international overnight trains, reservation compulsory

TAXI
Always take a RADIO TAXI- with clearly visible phone number and company name on the dors/windows. Did you notice dodgy taxi with only small plate "taxi" on the roof? Avoid, run away, give up! As you can be charged even 10x more than you should :)
You won`t have any problem with finding good one. They are cheap (comparing to uk prices) and quick (taxi drivers dont giva a s*it about rules) but don`t be affraid- they safe :)
And there are a lot of taxis around airports, train stations, malls and city centres.
The hackney style taxi are not popular in Poland (you may find couple of them in Warsaw). Usually there are Mercedes, Skoda, Audi and Ford combis and sedans.

CAR HIRE
Remember- you drive on the right! :) And be aware that drivers here are not that courteous as those in UK. Be carefull and have your eyes all around your head.
But take your time and admire the views behind the windows because some of them you won`t find in your homeland for sure.
Petrol is little bit cheaper than UK (4,50-4,80 PLN per liter)

OK, that`s in brief. If you have any more detailed questions- do not hesitate :)
And have fun and don`t be affraid of troubles- If you`re not looking for them you won`t find them in Poznan- i`m absolutely sure.

PS. greetings from Glasgow from one of those who took your joarbs ha ha ;)

lol, thanks for that mate.
how much is the beer/vodka over there roughly?

You can buy 0,5l of vodka for as cheap as 15PLN but better spend some more and get good quality product (around 30-35PLN for 0,7 or even a litre bottle). The choice is enormous- once you get to proper "Monopolowy" or "Delikatesy" shop you can be dazzled by number of vodkas to choose from :) And you can buy it 24h.
Beer is generaly cheap (2-8 PLN in shops, 5-15PLN in pubs) and strong but Tyskie, Lech, Zywiec- tastes pretty the same cause they are made by the same big company on a big scale. I would rather reccomend some "less established" local brands (sold usually in smaller 0,33liter bottles f.e wheat or unpateurized beers)
My advice: try something you can`t find on Tesco, Asda or Sainsburys shelfs but don`t buy the cheapest- and you won`t be dissapointed :)

Try this website: http://en.webtrunki.pl/ for some info about Polish (but not only) alcohols.

Hi Lads,

There's five of us from Chelt and Glouc MCFC supporters club flying out from Bristol direct to Poznan on Tue 2nd. Booked flights weeks ago, only £69 inc admin fee then. Flying back friday. We are staying at the Orbis Polonez, rates are really good, £81 twin room for 3 nights !!
Got six tickets today, and if my mate can't sort out the extra 1, it will be going for face value £30 (125 zloty). Tickets are all in K1.
Some lads from The Townley Arms suggest meeting up in Harry's Bar on the Rinek ( Central Square ) on match day. Will be giving it a reccy beforehand.

me and my lad are on that flight! if you see a 43 yr old and a 14 yr old asleep on a chair, wake us up cos we'll have been on the go all night!!! getting the 7.30pm train to bristol from piccadilly. sure we're gona see the other glossop blues out there!! i have done at other european games!

UltraPoland said:
You can buy 0,5l of vodka for as cheap as 15PLN but better spend some more and get good quality product (around 30-35PLN for 0,7 or even a litre bottle). The choice is enormous- once you get to proper "Monopolowy" or "Delikatesy" shop you can be dazzled by number of vodkas to choose from :) And you can buy it 24h.
Beer is generaly cheap (2-8 PLN in shops, 5-15PLN in pubs) and strong but Tyskie, Lech, Zywiec- tastes pretty the same cause they are made by the same big company on a big scale. I would rather reccomend some "less established" local brands (sold usually in smaller 0,33liter bottles f.e wheat or unpateurized beers)
My advice: try something you can`t find on Tesco, Asda or Sainsburys shelfs but don`t buy the cheapest- and you won`t be dissapointed :)

Try this website: http://en.webtrunki.pl/ for some info about Polish (but not only) alcohols.

What nightclubs would you recommend mate?
We are staying near the Old Market Square.<br /><br />-- Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:00 am --<br /><br />This site is pretty decent.
Has average prices for all sorts from food to transport.
http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/city_result.jsp?country=Poland&city=Poznan&displayCurrency=GBP

Just about to set off on the first leg of the trip to Poznan.

Glad to be on the move, the waiting is too much.

See you all in the square on Thursday.

beziersblue said:
Just about to set of on the first leg of the trip to Poznan.

Glad to be on the move, the waiting is too much.

See you all in the square on Thursday.

you sure will mate :)
safe journey

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.