City in for Alves?

Plain Speaking said:
He's a quality player no doubt, however I cant see him signing in Jan. He is in the Barca side that will be looking to win the treble. I would be surprised if he gives up CL for Europa football!
Like a lot of players they use City as a weapon to get the best deal in their contract re-negotiations.
I want the best players at City but as with Ade if they dont have the right attitude to our club they can be an expensive liability.
I love Kompany, De jong and Silva who have good attitudes and seem genuinely fond of the club and our supporters.

i agree weve had to many mercenaries here for just the money robiniho adebayor and the likes i think alves wud be the same id rather get some one who just wants to play and is hungry for success .

Barcelona manager has claimed today that, while he doesn't doubt Daniel Alves's quality, he doesn't want to keep an unhappy player at Camp Nou:

"We have talked about it with Dani, I told him how I feel, and I do not want him to stay here while he is unhappy. He deserves to ask for what he wants, and the club has the right to give it, or not. I want him to be happy here, or anywhere.", said Pep Guardiola. It seems as if some other club (Manchester City?) is offering him a more lucrative contract and has managed to lure Daniel Alves with their millions.

While Alves is undoubtedly a great player, Barcelona shouldn't disrupt their pay roll because of him, so we'll probably have to accept his departure and find/promote from La Masia an adequate replacement for the Brazilian, unless he accepts Barcelona's conditions. He has been a loyal employee for almost three years and, much to our dismay, we'll have to accept if he does decide to leave in order to get more money.

The good news is that Éric Abidal and Thiago Alcantara's contract situations are looking a lot better. On Abidal, Guardiola said: ""The club is aware, I think that he will renew, and we want him to continue here because he is a very important player for us."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.barcablaugranes.com/2011/1/25/1955578/pep-guardiola-i-dont-want-daniel-alves-to-stay-unhappy-at-barcelona" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.barcablaugranes.com/2011/1/2 ... -barcelona</a>

christen at St Marks said:
Barcelona manager has claimed today that, while he doesn't doubt Daniel Alves's quality, he doesn't want to keep an unhappy player at Camp Nou:

"We have talked about it with Dani, I told him how I feel, and I do not want him to stay here while he is unhappy. He deserves to ask for what he wants, and the club has the right to give it, or not. I want him to be happy here, or anywhere.", said Pep Guardiola. It seems as if some other club (Manchester City?) is offering him a more lucrative contract and has managed to lure Daniel Alves with their millions.

While Alves is undoubtedly a great player, Barcelona shouldn't disrupt their pay roll because of him, so we'll probably have to accept his departure and find/promote from La Masia an adequate replacement for the Brazilian, unless he accepts Barcelona's conditions. He has been a loyal employee for almost three years and, much to our dismay, we'll have to accept if he does decide to leave in order to get more money.

The good news is that Éric Abidal and Thiago Alcantara's contract situations are looking a lot better. On Abidal, Guardiola said: ""The club is aware, I think that he will renew, and we want him to continue here because he is a very important player for us."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.barcablaugranes.com/2011/1/25/1955578/pep-guardiola-i-dont-want-daniel-alves-to-stay-unhappy-at-barcelona" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.barcablaugranes.com/2011/1/2 ... -barcelona</a>

can't see many clubs apart from ours offering a better contract that barca. I think it could be a good addition i know we think the squad is good but surley this would be a great signing and he has a bit of champs league exp.

jamesisbest2005 said:
christen at St Marks said:

"We have talked about it with Dani, I told him how I feel, and I do not want him to stay here while he is unhappy. He deserves to ask for what he wants, and the club has the right to give it, or not. I want him to be happy here, or anywhere.", said Pep Guardiola. It seems as if some other club (Manchester City?) is offering him a more lucrative contract and has managed to lure Daniel Alves with their millions. While Alves is undoubtedly a great player, Barcelona shouldn't disrupt their pay roll because of him, so we'll probably have to accept his departure and find/promote from La Masia an adequate replacement for the Brazilian, unless he accepts Barcelona's conditions. He has been a loyal employee for almost three years and, much to our dismay, we'll have to accept if he does decide to leave in order to get more money.
I would feel much happier if this sentence had been in quotes from Guardiola too... It seems as if some other club (Manchester City?) is offering him a more lucrative contract and has managed to lure Daniel Alves with their millions.

i really hope he signs.

50/50 on Micah atm! i like him as a player but not as a city player?
id like him in an Arsenal shirt if we buy Alves !

adamMCFCwhite3 said:
i really hope he signs.

Erm, I'd like him in one of Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Russia, Brazil, Belgium, Portugal, America, Scotland, Mexico, Austrailia, Austria, Bosnia, Sweeden, Africa...

But as he will be a great defender in the future, I'd prefer him at City or on loan.

keemcfc said:
adamMCFCwhite3 said:
i really hope he signs.

Erm, I'd like him in one of Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Russia, Brazil, Belgium, Portugal, America, Scotland, Mexico, Austrailia, Austria, Bosnia, Sweeden, Africa...

But as he will be a great defender in the future, I'd prefer him at City or on loan.

I'd prefer to have him on our bench playing when needed.
Zaba is better but Richards could still be useful.

I really hope we don't go for him. He will be a thorn in our side who just wants money. Love his game going forward but we need people who are willing to play defense and stop goals, not looking to score goals. Not worth the trouble for me.

alves is a great player
dont understand this money thing,not one of the players in citys starting eleven would be wearing skyblue if they where being paying less than 50k a week dont kid yourselves

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.