city in yellow

lancs blue said:
the talisman said:
I was at that one, top day out.

City fans just laughed when the players ran out in that awful kit.

We got absolutely thrashed, it was men against boys that day.

As usual city fans made the best of it and had a great day out in London, Arse fans didn't get our sense of humour and couldn't work out why we were having such a laugh.

Arsenal always seemed so strong in those days, very physical and city always seemed to get bullied by them. We can give it back now though with all our 6 foot plus players, can't wait for the new season, come on you blues!!!!!!

And never again in yellow please.

As I remember it, quite a few booed them onto the pitch, I was stunned into silence, never thought I'd see City wearing a shitty yellow kit.

I remember lots of laughter, and I think we sang "who the fuckin'ell are you?" to our own players, but I can't remember booing.

Having said that, much of the 80's is a blur to me, and you can drink a lot of cans of warm stella between wilmslow and london.

Did the club ever give a proper explanation for that custard-coloured monstrosity?

There was no certainly no mention of it in future programmes. It's like they decided to burn the kit and never speak of it again.

i defietly remember swales coming out and saying it was just as much a suprise to him as it was the fans,and they will never be wearing them again,perhaps gary james has some info about them.

Was this a one off ? I've never seen that kit before. I know I was a little sheltered here before the interweb thingy, but you'd think I would of seen it at least once.

neil jung said:
Did the club ever give a proper explanation for that custard-coloured monstrosity?

There was no certainly no mention of it in future programmes. It's like they decided to burn the kit and never speak of it again.
I think it was Mel Machin's doing could be wrong...

neil jung said:

This is the story I heard, not sure how true it is.

The City director who was also one of the Umbro owners - Humphries I think? - decided to "try out" this new yellow kit without telling Swales, who unusually was missing the match at Highbury for some reason and was not happy when he found out about it.

lancs blue said:
the talisman said:
I was at that one, top day out.

City fans just laughed when the players ran out in that awful kit.

We got absolutely thrashed, it was men against boys that day.

As usual city fans made the best of it and had a great day out in London, Arse fans didn't get our sense of humour and couldn't work out why we were having such a laugh.

Arsenal always seemed so strong in those days, very physical and city always seemed to get bullied by them. We can give it back now though with all our 6 foot plus players, can't wait for the new season, come on you blues!!!!!!

And never again in yellow please.
I was there, city fans booed because we thought it was Arsenal in their away kit (I think), like some home teams had to do every now and then, remember it well 'cos my mate got thrown out aswell
As I remember it, quite a few booed them onto the pitch, I was stunned into silence, never thought I'd see City wearing a shitty yellow kit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.