City landmarks not grounds or training grounds.

Dave Ewing had hardware shop on Broadstone Rd in Reddish for around 15 years, Dave a nice guy always a smile for you when entering the shop.

Slightly off topic ..... I was named after Dave Ewing. Was supposed to be called Steven, but the day I was born, Ewing scored a rare goal, and dad got to call me David. :D

A few pubs i regard as City landmarks over the years..
The Bulls head,Reddish Lane Gorton,me best mates local back in the day,no longer there...a Mosque now i think
The Chaddy Arms,great times with Bernard Buckley and P&W branch members..

The Old Abbey Moss Side-Late 80s,Early hours boozing in Maine rd Days.loved it.great juke box

Mother Macs,back piccadilly-Proper old Blue Pub.

The old Monkey-in town,cheap beer,enough said.Always friendly blue faces every time
Shambles square...not one of my fav places over the years but mates used to love it and always end up there..
The Elm Tree- not far from Evertons ground,one of the best pubs to drink in for Blues pre goodison/anfield ...always mixed home and away ,never seen it k.o in there,but you knew not to mouth off..

Tommy Muirs pub,back in the day,forget its name,Cheadle..walked in for 1st time during late 80s ..Big tv screens all round the pub showing non-stop City...i just went "Wow"...this was at a time when we were rubbish,but our support was loud proud and loyal.Credit to Tommy for creating that Blue oasis...when it was all about utd ...

The old social club,Maine rd..had to show supporters club members card to be let in,cheap ale,Football focus on the tv screens,Roy Clarke Ex player,fa cup winner player of the yeariirc,who ran the place,occasionally serving behind the bar,Helen Turner with her " Half time draw tickets!...get yer half time draw tickets!" Whole place decked out in Sky Blue..greenalls ale,cigarette smoke filled the air,3 bars inc a big room at the back
Every home game ,walking in there to be greeted by warm smiling blue faces was magic..another proper Blue Oasis,back in the day

The Plough- Matthew street,Dublin...spent a few days and nights in here..warm welcome from Dublin supporters branch ,lots of City songs sung late into the night.Mike Sumberbee and his wife will know the place....they used to call last orders in the plough,and i used to think oh no...then locals used to move towards a doorway....to a downstairs bar where you could party all night.result.

The Dolphin...Across from st pancras station london,but hidden away on a back street,used to meet London Blues pre match here for years..Terry Mcdermots(ex livp.midfielder) brother used to live around the corner was always in there..Landlord a bit grumpy till u got to know him(or was it until he got to know your money..)
Great pub,great juke box,a good start and end to City in London away days..

Ma hubbards..lime street station,first pub on the right..Blues would meet here as early as 10am...can remember being outside at 9.30 once waiting to be let in...its not that we were alcoholics..its just that we rarely won at either ground in those days,and you needed to get tanked up to face it.: )

Bell Waldron was just to the right of this pic:
CV0XIHtWUAECfF6

That picture brings back some memories. Ate in there a few times as a kid, as an ex-pro relative of mine knew both Bell and Waldron. This would’ve been the early 80s and even then the place seemed a bit outdated. The British restaurant scene has come a long, long way in the last 30 years.

Off-license across the road from the Parkside during the summer when you couldn't be arsed queuing. Anyone know where that money went - collected in that tin tray thing at the door?

Off-license across the road from the Parkside during the summer when you couldn't be arsed queuing. Anyone know where that money went - collected in that tin tray thing at the door?
Used to get can of stella to drink from there after parkside on walk to north stand 80p mid 90’s!! went in same ofi at the sunday oasis gig & they were £2 a can!!!

I always associate the Brewery on The Parkway as part of City as it’s where we used to drive down to get to the ground. Is it Heineken now?
It’s been owned by Heineken and its forebears since it was built. Firstly Scottish and Newcastle, then Scottish Courage (aka Scotsco) and then Heineken.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.