City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Devil’s advocate, can anyone explain where exactly the Prem have won on anything significant?
An analogy that I think comes closest is the premier league dropping their car off for an MOT only for the mechanic to find a dead body in the boot.
The premier league are subsequently found guilty of murder, but are commending themselves for the car passing its MOT.

Stop me if I'm wrong here.

They questioned the legality of the rules - and guess what....

The legality of APT as a concept was upheld, just not the 2 most recent additions. City argued the whole thing was unlawful and failed.

It’s not arguable that was a major victory for the PL, if City had succeeded in that there’d be no APT rules right now, and as it stands we’re just back to 2020 rules.

People can argue about whether City thought they’d actually win that argument or not, but the fact is they made the argument and lost and the PL is in a much much better position than they’d be if that claim had been upheld.

We cannot rely on Spurs for anything, but have we now got 7 clubs to stop anymore of the cartel shit? 1 City 2 Newcastle 3 Villa 4 Chelsea 5 Soton 6 ? 7 ? Was really surprised at Fulham
What this has shown is that it is the law which prevents the cartel from ruining anyone who stands in their way. The regulations governing the game have to be consistent with the law. For years now we have been treated to the nonsense that the governing bodies are only seeking to establish financial fair play, but today they have been shown to behave partially and unlawfully and deliberately so. It will be interesting now if an owner invests more than the PL allows and argues that FFP ignores that sponsorship deals are not as favourable to small clubs as "big" ones.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.